UBB.threads
Posted By: Doughboy Military Collectables original blue max ????? - 05/23/2006 09:22 PM
Hello folks, A local Jewelry store (very high dollar) called me today on a blue max he bought from a lady for GOLD content. I have a chance to buy from him , but i need an individual to let me know what to look for on them. Photos are alittle blurry but his lighting was not the best and he had a blu rug. but the detail was absolutely excellent.

Attached picture DSC02571.jpg
aother photo. and I did notice a small seam on the sides. a couple of chips to enamel and ofcourse th dreaded test for content of gold. he mentioned it testest near pure.

Attached picture DSC02573.jpg
sorry on the blur. Thanks for the help in advance. you may call 1-417-766-7367 to directly talk to me on this one

Attached picture DSC02572.jpg
Also to note is I found no maker mark. and it appeared to be of hollow construction?? It would fit as a Wagner, but did they mark the Gold ones as well as the gilted silver???
Posted By: WWII Re: original blue max ????? - 05/24/2006 07:18 PM
Doughboy,

Wish I were able to help but all I can offer is some advice to take your time and don't be rushed into anything before you're 100% convinced of its originality. Isn't Mr. Previtera's new book on the Blue Max available yet? Will they give you an inspection period? If they're willing to give you fair terms to have it properly checked, I'd say give it a whirl ...

A real one or even a good jeweler's copy would make a wonderful addition to anyone's collection. If they accomodate you but you have to return it for any reason maybe a bottle of good wine or something would soften the blow?

Please keep us posted and best of luck!

Bill
Posted By: derjager Re: original blue max ????? - 05/24/2006 10:40 PM
A link. (You may already be familiar with).
Check under, German Orders (Various Reviews) for, Pour Le Merite info.

--dj--Joe

http://www.medalnet.net/
Posted By: fritziii Re: original blue max ????? - 06/04/2006 05:10 PM
Doughboy,
Any updates? And can you get clearer pics, I did some reading in my blue-max book and one thing stuck out and that the late copies seem to not have the feet on the eagles. My thoughts on this one(and I'm by far any expert on this) but I believe this is a jewlers copy either for a replacement or display.JMO

Fritziii
© Your new forums