UBB.threads
Posted By: bernd 1895-1897 Imperial Lapel Mini Decoration Chain - 07/08/2007 04:06 PM
I just got this beautiful Imperial Lapel Mini Decorations Chain . It is a piece of art .

Attached picture MVC-020S.JPG
Decorations in this photo are :1) Iron Cross 2nd class 1870 with 25 year oakleaves . 2) Prussian Eagle Order 4th class .3) Prussian Crown Order 3rd class. 4)Prussian XXV Years Service Cross >

Attached picture MVC-024S.JPG
Ahh, you got it. Congratulations, very nice acquisition! Smile

--dj--Joe
The center shows : 5)Principality of Hohenzollern Honor Cross with Swords 3 rd Class( Quite rare for 1870 !)6) Principality of Hohenzollern Honor Cross 2 nd Class . 7) 1870/1871 War Medal. 8) 1866 Koeniggraetz War Cross .

Attached picture MVC-022S.JPG
The end of the chain shows : 9)Bavarian Military Merit Order Knight 1st Class type 1866 to 1905 with Swords ( quite scarce !). 10) Baden Order of Zaehringen Lion -Knight 1st Class with Oakleaves and 11) Belgian King Leopold I Knights Order with Swords and Crown .

Attached picture MVC-023S.JPG
...and all medals are finished on their backsides . My friend Rick Lundstroem ID all the medals and thinks the decoration belonged to a Prussian Oberst . The man was dead by 1897 , since he did not have the 1897 Centenary Medal of Kaiser Wihelm I . If anyone has the fitting RANKLISTE ,please see if you can ID the man for me ! Per Rick ,the Hohenzollern Medals would stand out ! Thanks for your help , Bernd .

Attached picture MVC-025S.JPG
...and start of backsides .

Attached picture MVC-026S.JPG
...and center section of backsides .

Attached picture MVC-027S.JPG
...and end of backsides .

Attached picture MVC-028S.JPG
...and a close-up of the front of the Belgian Decoration -- just beautiful !

Attached picture MVC-030S.JPG
...and it's backside . Hope you like this piece of history ! Bernd .

Attached picture MVC-029S.JPG
Posted By: WWII Re: 1895-1897 Imperial Lapel Mini Decoration Chain - 07/08/2007 07:53 PM
Bernd,

That has to be one of the nicest medal-chains
I've ever seen. A great history lesson in miniature.

First rate photos too! Cool

Best regards!

Bill
Bernd, sorry to have interrupted your pictures Smile, very nice images I agree!
I wonder if it would be possible to have the Zaehringen Lion repaired?

--dj--Joe
Ja< the little green glass pieces must have fallen out at some time back ! But since the rest is still so nice , this is very minor ! I rather like to find out who wore this chain ???? Bernd .
© Your new forums