UBB.threads
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Help identifying shoulder boards please! - 01/14/2006 03:49 AM
I believe these are WW1 German, Bavarian, Austrian or something similar but am way out of my area. Can someone please help identify and approximate value. Thanks,
Harry

Attached picture 160_fronts.JPG
Reverse

Attached picture 160backs.JPG
Second board, looks unused!

Attached picture 60_front_board.JPG
reverse of #2

Attached picture 60_backs.JPG
Recieved both of these at the same time. They were at an auction and the auctioneer never auctioned them off. I showed them to him after the auction and advised him I was interested and he told me I could have them. They were wrapped in a piece of newspaper that was in German, I think, and was dated 1920 (Din't keep the paper, whoops!). Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Harry
Posted By: Kolibri Re: Help identifying shoulder boards please! - 01/14/2006 12:37 PM
Harry, both shoulderboards are german and from WW I. The first is the M 15 type with white piping for Infantery units (before that, there was used a colour-system after "Armeekorps" - everyone had its own - and after regiments). The second type was only short in use, without any piping.The small strap was later added, but in the time, I presume.

Inanterieregiment 160: 9.Rheinisches, Standorte Bonn, Dietz, Euskirchen.

Infanterieregiment 60: 7.Brandenburgisches, Standort Weißenburg.

Value: ereyone in Germany not more than 20 Euros, becaus it is only one piece of a pair.

Regards

Kolibri
© Your new forums