UBB.threads
Posted By: Vern Imperial Badges Gallery - 02/24/2015 07:04 AM
I recently received an email from a member who really likes the GDC Reference Library. But he pointed out that I am neglecting the guys who like Imperial goodies. He made a few suggestions and sent along some photos, so I am testing a new gallery for German Imperial Combat Badges. You can view the test gallery HERE! Any comments, corrections, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated wink
Posted By: WWII Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 02/24/2015 10:52 AM
Vern,

Thanks for taking time to post this visual reference for us, the photos are great. You've done a great job putting these galleries together !

Kind regards,

Bill
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 02/24/2015 02:56 PM
Thanks Bill. I just added a photo of a private purchase Sterling Silver U-Boat badge. I think that's about all of the WW1 Imperial badges. If you think of anything that would be useful, please let me know. Take care, Vern
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/04/2015 01:03 AM
Another work in progress can be viewed HERE!

As usual, any comments, suggestions, corrections, or assistance will be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/05/2015 06:30 AM
Added 6 medals with non-combatant ribbons to the work in progress wink
Posted By: WWII Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/05/2015 11:56 AM
Vern,

Who could ask for more..? wink

Nice!

B~
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/06/2015 02:42 AM
Added a few more and moved it to the GDC Reference Library.
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/09/2015 06:23 PM
Using a standard checklist of Imperial German Orders, Decorations, and Medals, we have 228 photos in the Imperial Orders & Medals gallery. We are missing photos for 15 Orders and Medals. Looking at what is available on the internet, Imperial orders and medals seem to be fairly reasonable considering their rarity. The biggest problem I saw was a number of pieces that were poorly identified, and a fair number with the wrong ribbons. I'll list the 15 not in the gallery. If anyone has clear photos of the front and back of these medals, I'll be happy to add them.

Prussia - Wilhelm Order, Order of Louise
Bavaria - Order of Saint Hubertus, Royal Order of Saint George, Order of Saint Elizabeth, Ludwig Medal for Science & Art, Ludwig Medal for Industry, Military Medical Decoration
Saxony - Order of Maria-Anna, "Virtuti et Ingenio" Medal, "Bene Merentibus" Medal
Baden - Medal for Art and Science
Saxe-Weimar - Civil Merit Medal, Honor Cross for Homeland Merit
Reuss - Lifesaving Medal

Again, comments, corrects, and suggestions are appreciated, and thanks to those who sent photos!
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/22/2015 03:03 AM
Got a photo of the medal for the Bavarian Order of Saint Hubertus, so 14 now missing wink Now have 340 photos in the gallery.
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/25/2015 01:47 PM
Now 350 medals in the gallery. The following 7 are missing.

Kingdom of Bavaria - Ludwig Medal for Science and Art, Military Medical Decoration

Grand Duchy of Baden - Medal for Art and Science

Grand Duchy of Hesse - Civil General Honor Decoration

Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach - Civil Merit Medal (to 1902), Military Honor Cross for Homeland Merit

Principalities of Reuss, Elder Line and Younger Line - Lifesaving Medal
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/25/2015 11:59 PM
That was fast, thanks wink Reuss Lifesaving medal added and made a few corrections.
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/27/2015 01:40 AM
A few more added for Hesse and Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, now at 360 with 3 missing medals.

Kingdom of Bavaria - Ludwig Medal for Science and Art, Military Medical Decoration

Thanks for the photos and corrections!
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/28/2015 12:04 AM
Only 1 missing now wink If anyone has photos or a link, I would greatly appreciate it!

Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 03/28/2015 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link, gallery complete!
Posted By: Vern Re: Imperial Badges Gallery - 06/06/2015 02:42 PM
Updated a few with better photos.
© Your new forums