UBB.threads
Posted By: Solomagundi 1870 List of EK Awardees, Especially EKI - 04/07/2012 06:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if a list of 1870, Franco-Prussian Awardees Exists, and if so where it might be found?

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: WWII Re: 1870 List of EK Awardees, Especially EKI - 04/08/2012 11:17 AM
Solomagundi,

I don't think I've ever heard of a file that pertains strictly to EK awardees..? I know there are compilations of several of the highest German awards and decorations, but I'd be surprised to hear of a roster for the 1870 Iron Cross. On the other hand, since the numbers of EK awards compared to WWI recipients would have been so much less, there's a possibility that they do exist.

I haven't seen or heard of an 1870 rank-list, mostly just from the First World War, and those would contain only the names of officers, listing their awards.

I'd be interested to hear from someone well-versed in the subject to tell us if such an animal truly exists? If you find out elsewhere would you please let us know?

Best of luck!

Bill
Posted By: dond Re: 1870 List of EK Awardees, Especially EKI - 05/14/2012 12:24 AM
There is a list. Check with these guys: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/forum/71-ger...-german-states/
Posted By: WWII Re: 1870 List of EK Awardees, Especially EKI - 05/16/2012 01:45 PM
Dond,

Looks like a good, informative imperial forum, thanks for the link! wink

Bill
© Your new forums