UBB.threads
Posted By: Geoff Ward robbing the trash man! - 09/13/2006 08:37 PM
I am not usually inclined to dig in the trash,but driving down the road this week I saw this on the curb with someones trash.I know it is of German Manufacture,and am pretty confidant it is of pre-WWII construction.Does this font HR 1 appear to be German??Or is it just my wishfull thinking that perhaps it stands fo "Hussar Reg.1" Forgive me if I have posted in the incorrect forum,But I thought since it was for clothing,that would include possibly military uniforms??Any comments would be appreciated!Thanks Geoff. Confused

Attached picture chest_2.jpg
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: robbing the trash man! - 09/13/2006 08:38 PM
Another pic

Attached picture chest_1.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: robbing the trash man! - 09/14/2006 09:03 AM
Geoff,

I think that Hussar Regiment 1 might be a bit too much to ask for ... Smile ... that's really open to interpretation.

The two metal plates are interesting and I believe describe the trunk itself. The one on the left reads, guaranteed authentic Vulkanfibre
(the synthetic that some lightweight parade helmets were made from) and also, (built with) plywood plates or sections. I'm fairly certain these terms both apply to the containers construction.

Nice find for a garbage run!

Best!

Bill
Posted By: Herr Wolf Re: robbing the trash man! - 09/19/2006 04:08 AM
For me this looks like an overseas trunk and the HR 1 may just be the initials of the owner and the number may just indicate that she/he traveld with more than one. I do not necessarily see a military connection. Still some nice old trunk. Can we see the inside? Does it have drawers and a hanging bar for clothes?
© Your new forums