UBB.threads
Posted By: bernd Bavarian Ribbon Bar - 12/14/2006 08:14 PM
Here one more Imperial item I got recently . This Officer's Bavarian Ribbon Bar by a friend of mine ID to a " Korpsstabsveterinaer " of Lieutnant Colonel rank has the following 5 decorations :1905 Luitpold Military Jubilee Medal ; 1870 Noncombatant 1870-71 War Medal for Frontline non-arms bearer like medical ;1866 Bavarian War Cross ; Bavarian Long Service medal for surely XXIV for Officers ; and 1897 Centenary Medal of Kaiser Wilhelm I for being a 1870 war veteran . The interesting part is that this dress bar is only 3-inches wide and 7/8 -inches high , has a red wool backing and has 5 long brass hooks on the backside to hang the medals . Per my friend :"Veterans from the 1866 and 1870's wars still alive in 1905 would receive the Luitpold Jubilee Medal only if they had received other high decorations , so this is absolutely an Officer's bar ".

Attached picture MVC-021S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Bavarian Ribbon Bar - 12/14/2006 08:17 PM
...and the backside showing the 5 long brass hooks to mount the medals . Now I need to get all those medals !!! Bernd.

Attached picture MVC-020S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Bavarian Ribbon Bar - 12/14/2006 08:22 PM
George : Thank you for your kind comments.----- I was already thinking that nobody liked this stuff !
Posted By: ORPO Re: Bavarian Ribbon Bar - 12/14/2006 08:34 PM
Bernd,

Nope, I like it! Big Grin

Now, I will mention that I am looking for a Bavarian ribbon bar (just the South German folded ribbon bar with no provision for the medals) for a Polizei Major uniform. This fellow had a long bar with 5" loops so I am probably looking for a 6" ribbon bar. Let me know if you see a long one for sale that you don't need.

I will take all the help I can get as you know. Wink

George
Posted By: bernd Re: Bavarian Ribbon Bar - 12/14/2006 08:36 PM
I am showing you these 2 dressbars to give you the different size of this Bavarian Ribbon Bar compared with a 'normal' sized dress bar .

Attached picture MVC-021S.JPG
© Your new forums