UBB.threads
Posted By: militarymania RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 01:23 AM
hi all,,just acquired this last weekend,,Bezirk 28,,any one collect these and what value should i assign it?,,thanks,Robert

Attached picture rad_fem_bezirk_28__1.jpg
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 09:42 AM
I've had a few over the years, but cloth rarely sticks to my collection display.
It is a nice looking design.
I would say $30 low $50 high for this.

Regards
Posted By: militarymania Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 01:13 PM
thanks Skynyrd
Posted By: bernd Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 08:40 PM
Want to ad my RAD female sleeve insignia to this . What was this one for ??

Attached picture MVC-047S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 08:42 PM
It is of silver bullion thread ; which would indicate leadership to me .

Attached picture MVC-046S.JPG
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/20/2009 08:59 PM
LS4 stand for RAD Lager school 4.

I know these, as most anything else, are heavily faked, and alot of guys are completely jaded on them.
I am not qualified to offer an opinion on the examples posted here.
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 11/21/2009 08:19 PM
I believe both are copies due to the material from the front

PAUL
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/01/2009 07:12 PM
Here is mine for comparison. I have always presumed this piece to be authentic. The quality of the embroidery is very good. Passes burn and blacklight tests.

The other L.S 4 example posted appears to be much the same to me. Any additional insight?
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/01/2009 07:13 PM
Front.

Attached picture LS4front.jpg
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/01/2009 07:15 PM
Back.

Silver thread. The jpeg doesn't impart that information very well...

Attached picture LS4back.jpg
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/01/2009 07:16 PM
Stitching of markings.

Attached picture LS4mark.jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/02/2009 05:30 PM
reverse of my Bezirk 28 patch,,

Attached picture rad_fem_bezirk_28_2.jpg
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/08/2009 02:34 AM
reverse of my fake 28

Attached picture fake.jpg
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/08/2009 02:35 AM
reverse of my fake LS-4

Attached picture fake1.jpg
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/10/2009 08:02 PM
Thanks for posting these Paulbear. If that's definitely a fake, then I doubt the authenticity of my own example, as it appears very similar, at least in these jpegs. Mine is definitely not made from synthetic thread though..

Does anyone have a verified original to post by way of comparison? Curious how it might differ from the examples shown here.
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/11/2009 04:18 AM
here is one I am satisfied is correct

PAUL

Attached picture RADF.jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/11/2009 04:35 AM
can we see the front as it was the giveaway that you cited for the others being reproductions..thanks,,,Robert
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/11/2009 11:39 PM
actually the weave seen from the reverse is the giveaway

PAUL
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/12/2009 01:15 AM
Thanks for the additional postings.

Is the consensus that these are all fake except the last one that Paulbear showed? If my example is a reproduction I confess I'm stumped on these..
Posted By: militarymania Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/12/2009 04:45 AM
...."I believe both are copies due to the material from the front..." paulbear....me too!,,,my example came from a collection that was inherited by a son that had no interest in his father's items...so what it is exactly that is the giveaway on these,??? Confused
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/12/2009 11:12 PM
here is the front of the patch note the obvious weave pattern

Attached picture rad.jpg
Posted By: militarymania Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/13/2009 01:07 AM
is the weave pattern the same for the non-metallic threads as well?.. Confused
Posted By: Albrecht Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 12/13/2009 09:29 PM
The silver threads in my example definitely don't match the weave pattern demonstrated by the piece from weitze's site. Does this absolutely identify mine as a copy? Just curious if other producers might have woven the motif differently, or if perhaps it was produced earlier/later.

Thanks for the continued postings on these. Very little information out there, and if the weave pattern shown above is absolute, than I don't think I've ever seen an original in hand.
Posted By: paulbear Re: RAD female sleeve patch,,,need info - 01/10/2010 09:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by militarymania:
is the weave pattern the same for the non-metallic threads as well?.. Confused

THE WEAVE PATTERN should be similar same template different threads
© Your new forums