UBB.threads
Posted By: Vern GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/20/2013 06:32 PM
I've replaced the Collar Tab galleries with Insignia galleries containing both collar tabs and shoulder boards/straps. Please take a look and let me know if you see any errors or think of anything that should be included. Thanks very much, Vern
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/21/2013 12:49 PM
Great work on all this Vern!
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/22/2013 02:23 PM
Thanks! It's been a fair amount of work but I'm glad to see it's appreciated wink
Posted By: Gefolgschaft Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/28/2013 04:41 AM
I agree with Paul, great job. Helpful to guys like me that only really know a certain area seeing all the insignia in this format. Thanks for your hard work.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/28/2013 05:08 AM
Thanks very much. Still working on a few units. I expect to update again in a few days.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 04/29/2013 06:17 PM
Added Transportflotte Speer collar tabs to the State Organization Gallery.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/07/2014 08:05 PM
Did an update on the RAD and Postschutz shoulder boards, and added a couple of rare RMBO collar tabs to the insignia galleries. Did a big reorganization to the Sonderfuhrer and Beamte sections and added the Luft Base Firefighters tabs and boards.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/15/2014 05:58 AM
Another update for RMBO, Forestry, Police, FAD/RAD, Teno, Der Stahlhelm, and Deutsche Jungvolk.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/23/2014 04:18 AM
An update of collar tabs and boards for the FAD, RAD, Schuma, Arbeitseinsatzverwaltung, and Transportflotte Speer. The Collar/Shoulder Tab Galleries now include photos of identified originals for 760 collar tabs, 536 shoulder straps/boards, and 87 cyphers wink This covers most of the Party, Military, and State organizations in the 3rd Reich. If you have any that are not included, I would really appreciate photos with identification. If you see any errors, please email or post your corrections/questions. Thanks very much to the members who have already sent/posted corrections for the galleries!
Posted By: JohnZ Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/23/2014 04:00 PM
Vern:

Thank you for all of this.. you are doing an amazing service to all of us in collecting land.

John
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/23/2014 07:44 PM
Thanks John. I've gotten a few emails and these galleries seem to be a hit. One local dealer said he kept a box of unidentified tabs and straps, and by going through the galleries, he was able to id them all. A few turned out to be rare tabs so he was very happy. Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. And a big thanks to the member who send photos of 10 Reichpost tabs and a copy of the regulations with ranks and titles. I redid that section and it's now fairly complete. I'll be looking over some of the other sections as they can be a bit confusing. The SA Gallery comes to mind so I'll see if it can be simplified, or at least add some information on how to use it to completely identify a collar tab. Again, thanks everyone and keep the comments coming wink
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/24/2014 06:34 AM
Another update to Transportkorps Speer. Eleven tabs to cover all ranks. This section is now complete wink
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/24/2014 05:55 PM
Added a section for the Postkraftwagendienst collar tabs in the Collar/Shoulder Tabs - Government Gallery.
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/24/2014 09:47 PM
Vern this is really a great reference.
many thanks
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/26/2014 01:05 AM
You're most welcome, and thank you. After all, you're the one who asked for it in the first place wink After going through over 1400 photos, editing and scaling them to a standard size, then identifying and organizing them, it's been a fun project. There are probably a few errors still in the galleries, but I think it's a good start! With the continued help of our fellow collectors, we'll keep improving and expanding the galleries.
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/26/2014 01:43 PM
Well I use it often.
Good job, I do not know anywhere else this exists all together.
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 11/29/2014 04:05 PM
Another update to the Military Collar Tabs/Shoulder Boards for Heer and Luftwaffe Truppensonderdienst and Reserve Officers wink
Posted By: Vern Re: GDC Reference - Insignia - 12/03/2014 08:42 PM
Added a number of cyphers for the Heer and Luftwaffe sections wink
© Your new forums