UBB.threads
Posted By: EdinFla Help with Holster marks - 03/30/2019 10:38 AM
Came with an early 1910 mauser. Holster is soft and in very good shape. The stamp reads

Robert Bosch G.m.b.h. Stuttgart Warkluftschutz (or Werkluftschutz)

Then boldly stamped in one line

SGMG/WSZ

Air raid defense????

Ideas or insights?

Thank you.

Attached picture small2.jpg
Attached picture small3.jpg
Attached picture small1.jpg
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Help with Holster marks - 03/30/2019 05:08 PM
Many of these pistols/holsters saw post war use in countries outside of Germany..that stamp was applied well after the circular one, so that is another possibility..

Lots of directions to look! wink
Posted By: Vern Re: Help with Holster marks - 03/30/2019 07:03 PM
Air raid protection detail for the Bosch factory in Stuttgart (Werkluftschutz). No idea on the "SGMS/WSZ".
Posted By: JoeW Re: Help with Holster marks - 04/09/2019 03:29 AM
Vern, I kind of agree with you that the circular stamp indicates the Bosch firm, but I think the stamp is a general property stamp of the Bosch Factory Air Raid Service. I have no concrete evidence but I believe the darker stamping SGMG/WSZ indicates the particular subsidiary factory where this gun/holster was used. I base this belief on some info found in the Wiki article on the Bosch concern. As a result of the Nazi economic expansion in preparation for war, the Bosch concern was "convinced" by authorities to relocate factories to the interior of Germany. One of these factories was identied as "Bosch subsidiary Dreilinden Maschinenbau GmbH (DLMG) in Kleinmachnow near Berlin". Notice the abbreviation used for the factory name. So, I think it logical that SGMG was the abbreviation for another of their factories located in the city/town abbreviated WSZ. As I wrote, I have no concrete evidence, but it certainly seems logical.
© Your new forums