UBB.threads
Posted By: bgrelics Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/28/2012 04:49 PM
Anyone have any idea what type of pistol this is? I bought this from a ww ii veteran who served in the european theater.
Thanks
Bob

Attached picture MVC-046F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-047F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-048F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-049F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-050F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-051F.JPG
Attached picture MVC-052F.JPG
Posted By: Mikee Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/28/2012 06:18 PM
Salon pistol, Flobert system,but missing a part of it, probably 6mm. Not much interest in these, but nice conversation piece. What's the size of the barrel? Thank you
Posted By: Dave Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/29/2012 01:01 AM
I thought Flobert parlour pistols were rolling block?

Attached picture Block.jpg
Posted By: bgrelics Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/29/2012 01:07 AM
Barrel length is 6 1/2 inches. Barrel width 1/4 inch.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/29/2012 11:33 PM
It seems that parlor/salon pistols or long barreled guns designed for target shooting and adapted for the Flobert small rim-fire cartridge was and still is referred to as a "Flobert", no matter the maker. Flobert did manufacture his own guns but these types used a large hammer and firing pin built as one piece, with a very strong spring. This I suppose would be called a true Flobert system. Whether or not he invented and patented more of his own systems or incorporated others, I'm not sure.

I do know that for Bobs example there are variations to this locking mechanism which is missing and that it's described as a Flobert pistol, but I don't know if it was actually made by Flobert. Same with yours Dave. Is there a manufactures name on them? Thank you.

Posted By: timboo Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 12/30/2012 10:55 PM
I agree the term "Flobert" has been used for a wide range of parlor type rifle and handguns no matter the maker or caliber. Here's one that's pretty darn close to Bob's in 22 short.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/9729876/gu...pistol-22-short
Posted By: Dave Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 01/02/2013 05:24 PM
Mine is trademarked "Galand FABt"

I am starting to wonder if really is a Flobert.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Pistol bought on my last hotel buy !! - 01/02/2013 11:10 PM
Dave,

Not to wonder anymore because it's a Galand and not a Flobert. Another French gun maker. Lots of info on the internet.
© Your new forums