UBB.threads
Posted By: gustavom K98s - 01/05/2011 06:57 PM
Could anyone suggest good, trustworthy dealers of period K98s rifles, either US or European? Craig G. Has a couple that were recently sold, all matching but for the bolts, but Craig tends to sell near mint items, whereas I am looking for excellent but used condition. Any suggestions appreciated.
Posted By: the russian Re: K98s - 01/06/2011 02:23 PM
Try collectiblefirearms.com and empirearms.com, both very reliable, have fast delivery and reasonable prices.
Posted By: timboo Re: K98s - 01/08/2011 04:42 AM
Personally I think empirearms is WAY to high on 99% of everything he sales. He's built a good customer base by sponsoring forums and advertising all his weapons as "handpicked", but you'll pay a nice premium on the common things you can find elsewhere cheaper.
Posted By: gustavom Re: K98s - 01/08/2011 01:51 PM
Thanks guys. Both these dealers need serious help with web design :-) No German ww2 K98s at present it seems. May be better to ask them to pick one up at a show
Posted By: timboo Re: K98s - 01/09/2011 04:57 AM
You might try Simpons LTD. They're on the high side as well, but they seem to do a good job about being honest about what they sell. They normally have a number of K98's for sale. I believe they also handle the actual exporting for sales outside the U.S.
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: K98s - 01/14/2011 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: timboo
You might try Simpons LTD. They're on the high side as well, but they seem to do a good job about being honest about what they sell. They normally have a number of K98's for sale. I believe they also handle the actual exporting for sales outside the U.S.

Gustavo, If it's the same outfit that I've looked into in the past, they can have some good items. But I've also seen reworked bogus items - with no indication that they were not what they were supposed to be. As for the other seller mentioned, I can remember some Russian reworked P-38's at about the 1K mark. But I have not tracked any 98K rifles, and mismatched bolts are the first thing you look for. But sight unseen can't say much more about originality, without looking at the rifles themselves. Best Regards, FP
Posted By: blairbunker Re: K98s - 01/16/2011 04:21 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com

search k98 at- http://www.gunbroker.com -you will not be disappointed!

Thank you THANKYOUVERYMUCH
John
© Your new forums