UBB.threads
Posted By: G24t concentric rifles - 07/23/2007 08:44 PM
Were the Concentric rifles japanese police or occupational forces.

Attached picture rIMG_0367_(2).JPG
Posted By: G24t Re: concentric rifles - 07/23/2007 08:45 PM
symbol

Attached picture rIMG_0368_(2).JPG
Posted By: G24t Re: concentric rifles - 07/23/2007 08:45 PM
high serial number for a contric I have been told

Attached picture rIMG_0369_(2).JPG
Posted By: G24t Re: concentric rifles - 07/23/2007 08:46 PM
chatter stock

Attached picture rIMG_0370_(2).JPG
Posted By: ORPO Re: concentric rifles - 08/02/2007 02:16 PM
Darn good question! I have been trying to figure that out for years. They seem to be rifles that are secondary quality but specifically made in their own serial number range for some use (rather than just something that does not quite pass military inspection). Everyone I have spoken to seems to come down against them being police rifles. There don't seem to be any specifically marked police rifles or pistols for that matter and any property markings found on the concentric circle rifles seem to indicate training or a school.

So, I can't answer your question but I would certainly like to know the answer.
Posted By: Jareth Holub Re: concentric rifles - 08/03/2007 01:46 AM
The early type 99 (they also have two type 38 variations) concentric circle marked rifles are extremely high quality in fit & finish. One thing I think collectors agree with is they're likely not meant for front line combat troops. My guess would be some civil/civic para military home based use.
Posted By: G24t Re: concentric rifles - 08/03/2007 04:57 PM
I was watching the history channel, a good alternative tv show to what instead of the typical crap we have on television today. I was watching a docomentary on the japanese invasion of China. There was a line of trucks with troops and equipment. The last two trucks in the convoy had the concentric markings on the door. Also there were troops in the rear of the truck. That tends to have me believe that they may have been a police type unit.
g24t
Posted By: Jareth Holub Re: concentric rifles - 08/04/2007 12:45 AM
Yes I saw that same footage! Very interesting!
© Your new forums