UBB.threads
Posted By: Eric Wien Looking For Great Uncles Purple heart's KOPAS - 01/02/2009 10:50 PM
Hello all,
I know this isnt the place to post a want add but this is more than a want add, i'm looking for something specific, my Great Uncle's 2 Purple Heart's from WWII, as well as a Bronze star. Story is they were sold or lost long ago and i can only wish one of our members would have it in ther possesion. It would be named to Erving Kopas if anyone has this i would pay top dollar to get these back in the family no questions asked. No Forgeries please!
[email protected]

Thank you
Eric Wien
Eric,

Try posting at the Orders and Medals Society of America website. Perhaps someone there can help.

http://www.omsa.org/forums/index.php

While you're at it, try the US Miltaria Forum.

usmilitariaforum.com
The WAF also has a "reunite broken groupings" thread on its US forum.

But if he wasn't killed in Action, and was awarded the bronze star before the 1947 CIB conversion, its like a 95% chance that they would not be named.
Thanks guy's
Jerry he made it home only to be shot during a card game in 61 or 62. Mom say's she remembers him with two purple hearts named, and a bronz star or silver star for heroic actions i.e. saving wounded men. Wish i would have been able to know him. Going over to the parents to look for pictures of all the Great uncles that served in WWII.
Eric
© Your new forums