UBB.threads
Posted By: Mr. Jerry HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/22/2010 12:15 PM
Has any one else been tuning in on this?

I don't have HBO but thankfully I have been able to watch it over at my Dad's house. Two episodes in and its been pretty good so far. But holy sheep it makes you realize what those boys went though with what little resources.
Posted By: Rbt Lee Stevens Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/22/2010 01:47 PM
I signed HBO back up just for this series.It is a very good series.I happen to be building a Tarawa diorama for a fellow so this series is great for picking up details.It will be interesting to see how this compares to Band of Brothers which is a pretty hard act to follow.
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/22/2010 05:13 PM
Seems good so far. But I'd rather have 2 hr episodes, as the hour one is over entirely to quick. I forget how Band of Brothers broadcasted since it was a long while back but they where only an hour episodes too, right? I think it was on an hour right before the Sopranos.
Posted By: MSapp Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/22/2010 08:45 PM
Great show, yes they did go through hell, I have DVR so recording every show.
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/23/2010 02:06 AM
I don't have HBO but was wondering if their is any PC stuff in the Pacific do to some of Tom Hanks comments lately.
Posted By: Jareth Holub Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/23/2010 02:11 AM
I'm a collector of Japanese militaria so I'm biased....I absolutely love the series!
Posted By: Chief Re: HBO's "The Pacific" - 03/27/2010 01:50 PM
I got HBO just to see the series also. I am really enjoying it! I agree that one hour episodes end way too quickly! As for resources this early in the war, we can clearly see that this was a shoe-string operation, and that these poor guys were really left out to dry. I have read that since most of their supplies were lost at see, they survived on captured Japanese rice, which we see them being served in one scene.

I had three uncles in the pacific, but they are all gone now, so I cannot talk to them about it. I am glad that Tom Hanks took on this project so that we can see this much less known part of WWII. Not a lot of glory here, just death and suffering.

Chief
© Your new forums