UBB.threads
Posted By: James LeBrasseur Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/04/2015 02:23 AM
Just got a grouping from a distant family member of the soldier in question, This family member knew nothing about his service. Received insignia, patches, ID, numerous Western Union telegrams from this soldier and about a 100 pictures in an album, showing many jeeps with Wolf Hounds on them? Downed airplanes, both US and German, pictures of shelling, planes flying, numerous pictures of the soldier in camps etc. as well as pictures of him with camo cover on his helmet etc.

Would love to know anything about the Wolf Hounds, what they did etc.

many thanks

James

Attached picture wolf 001.JPG
Attached picture wolf 002.JPG
Attached picture wolf 003.JPG
Attached picture wolf 004.JPG
Attached picture wolf 005.JPG
Attached picture wolf 006.JPG
Try this..type in *Wolfhounds,25th Division in any of your search engines.Light bulb click on?
Posted By: James LeBrasseur Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/04/2015 06:24 PM
sorry if I offended you for asking the question, to be honest did not even think of search engine as I did not know it was the 25th division.

Guess I did not have the light bulb turned on...

James
Posted By: Jim W Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/04/2015 09:11 PM
Thank you for sharing James
Posted By: BAMA Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/05/2015 03:40 PM
Interesting album, looks like he spent time in with the 3rd and 9th Armored Divisions in WWII and the 27th in Korea.
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/06/2015 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: BAMA
Interesting album, looks like he spent time in with the 3rd and 9th Armored Divisions in WWII and the 27th in Korea.

Most likely scenario since the 25TH INF Div saw service in the Pacific during WWII.
Posted By: BAMA Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/07/2015 03:19 PM
Thanks Dow, just noticed the typo. My post should have been "25th in Korea" instead of "27th"
Posted By: James LeBrasseur Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/08/2015 04:47 AM
Thanks for the help guy's

James
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Information on Wolf Hounds - 01/13/2015 01:29 PM
A very nice group and great pictures!

(The bronze G.S. pin is an early pin for the Girl Scouts)
© Your new forums