UBB.threads
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Memorial Day Display - 06/04/2009 12:37 PM
I was asked to set up a display with some friends at the Wisconsin Memorial Park cemetery for Memorial day. Driving through the cemetery grounds was very moving as they display hundreds and hundreds of US Veteran casket flags. each one is numbered, and named to an individual, and every year they are put out in the same spot so the family can find it.

I set up a display of WWII Woman's Service items (sadly I only had a 6' table, I could have filled all of them...) and my friend did some of his CW guns, and a 32nd Division Aussie made tunic in tribute to our recently departed friend and well known advanced medal collector Bruce Cazel ( who used to do this display with them)

It was very rewarding talking to many veterans and their families. You could tell our efforts were appreciated.

Attached picture memorial-show-1a-small.jpg
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/04/2009 12:38 PM
My Friend & his iron:

Attached picture memorial-show-tom2-small.jpg
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/04/2009 12:40 PM
Australian made 32nd Tunic & a WWI DSC group:

Attached picture memorial-show-tom-32nd-small.jpg
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/04/2009 12:42 PM
It was very moving as they put out hundreds of US veteran Casket flags on poles. each one is numbered to a specific veteran, and goes in the same place every year.

Attached picture memorial-show-flags-3-small.jpg
Posted By: Donald L Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/04/2009 01:32 PM
Very nice Jerry, well done.
Don
Posted By: SADolch Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/05/2009 12:23 AM
MR JERRY, MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU.....DAVE H
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/05/2009 12:47 AM
JERRY-
WHAT A NICE DISPLAY. IF YOU DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR, LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO COME DOWN AND SEE THE EXHIBITS.
BOB
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: Memorial Day Display - 06/06/2009 02:30 AM
I have been doing this kind of display for years now at the Los Osos CA Memorial and Veterans Day event with the San Luis Obispo Historical Arms Society. We have other members who do display's at other local venues too. I look forward each time doing this.
© Your new forums