UBB.threads
Posted By: saber617 WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/19/2011 05:49 AM
I have a last name and i am waiting for some metals that go along with this. Just wondering what Ya'll think ?? Thanks This is the Jacket i found the black and red Fighting first division patch in the pocket..

Posted By: Dave Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/19/2011 02:51 PM
Medal are wrong. There are two Good Conduct and what looks like National Defense. Also wasn't aware that they wore regimental crests on the lower lapels or two ropes at one time.
Posted By: saber617 Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/19/2011 04:03 PM
I am not a uniform expert by any means but i have seen a few uniforms with the crests on the lower lapels. And i am not sure on the ropes .Uniform has been in the same closet since after the war but who knows ..
Posted By: PAULZAYA Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/19/2011 06:27 PM
kids could have messed with it. i know i did with my dads stuff, he never knew. hell that was over 50 years ago,maybe i better take a nap. paul
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/19/2011 11:54 PM
May have been the vets stuff and was added not to lose it to time.
Posted By: saber617 Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/20/2011 03:58 AM
Ok so far 16Th Infantry regiment, 1st infantry division. Ribbons are 2, Victory ribbons, European African Middle Eastern Ribbon, and two good conducts. French Croix de Guerre with Palm, for KASSERINE or NORMANDY and i believe a Belgian Fourragere 1940. And i am still trying to figure out the blue one right above the right pocket .Maybe some kind of presidential award
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: WWII First Division jacket pick up .., - 03/20/2011 04:14 AM
The Unit Crest are in the right place for WW2. Later on they moved up to the shoulders. The top two Good conduct and WWII victory ribbons look like they were just loose and added. Provably extras the vet had. The cords are correct. It is the French and Belgian Fourragere. Blue ribbon is the presidential Unit Citation.

This unit was 1st wave on D-day.

Great uniform!!
© Your new forums