UBB.threads
Posted By: Jeronimo Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/20/2021 05:47 PM
I might be on to something interesting here:
I have a mint double oval logo transitional Henckels 1938 NSKK. I purchased this dagger in Belgium about 25 years ago.
The dagger was at a premium price because of its condition and it included a never removed RZM tag
(the not-so-choice hanger was not included, but added by myself as it was a period piece).
The RZM tag is made of the proper paper, has the proper rivet, proper age and I have no reason to believe it was later added.
Besides, tags weren't really a hot item 25 years ago, merely "interesting"....
Next I'll speculate because I can't find any reference on this type of tag:
The interesting part for me is that the tag has no "M7/10" designation, nor a provision for the stamp.
Can my assumption be correct in that the double oval transitional logo pre-dates the twins logo from the latter '38 and '39 versions?
If that is true, then the tag might be a "transitional" design as well, where the later tags have lines for the M7 designation?
Hopefully someone can shed some light/input on this subject?!

Attached picture Zwill0.jpeg
Attached picture Zwill1.jpeg
Attached picture Zwill2.jpeg
Attached picture Zwill3.jpeg
Attached picture Zwill4.jpeg
Posted By: Dave Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/21/2021 03:18 PM
Jeronimo,

You are right about the tag. First time I have ever seen an NSKK tag. Some SA / SS tags had makers, some not. Give me a day or two and I'll put some up.

Great dagger, too, I've not seen one that good for many years.

Anyone else have photos of an NSKK Tag ?

Dave
Posted By: seany Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/21/2021 09:11 PM
Here you go guys

Posted By: pvon Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/22/2021 02:00 PM
Hello

Yes a wonderful NSKK dagger! Fine looking and nice maker!

I confess I have little knowledge on the tags!

They didn't find their way to me!

But Seany sure does have them! Wow!

Thanks for sharing guys!

I am looking to learn!

PVON
Posted By: Ilya Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/22/2021 03:31 PM
I found a few photos of myself. Thanks to the authors

Attached picture 229.jpg
Attached picture 318p.jpg
Attached picture 30535g.jpg
Attached picture 31144e.jpg
Posted By: Ilya Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/22/2021 03:40 PM
But I found this variant

Attached picture E-460c.jpg
Attached picture E-460g.jpg
Attached picture E-460k.jpg
Attached picture E-460m.jpg
Posted By: Ilya Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/22/2021 03:41 PM
Number

Attached picture E-460f.jpg
Posted By: seany Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/22/2021 09:50 PM
Pvon they are not mine that's just the wittmann video, i couldn't be that lucky
Posted By: Jeronimo Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 08/23/2021 03:44 PM
Fantastic Ilya, thanks for sharing that!!! Same maker (Henckels) and the same type of tag (without the M&/10 stamp) and a different number!
I'm aware of the video (it prompted me to write this post), but Richards does not have a tagged example like mine.
He states the lowest number he observed was 020xxx, so apparently my 000175 pre-dates that!
I'll have to email Tom Wittmann to get word to Richards....
Posted By: Jeronimo Re: Mint Henckels NSKK with interesting tag - 09/06/2021 04:10 PM
Witty got back with me and agreed this was something interesting. He forwarded my email to Richards (he's the guy from the video, he collects tagged NSKK daggers). We'll see...
© Your new forums