UBB.threads
Posted By: Chiptree SA maker quantities! - 07/03/2021 09:52 AM
Dear Sirs & Madams
How many daggers, roughly, were produced by the makers C. Linder & Peter Lungstrass? I have discovered that they produced non too many, but cannot find any estimates, approximations or anything at all! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Dave Re: SA maker quantities! - 07/03/2021 03:25 PM
Hello, Chiptree, and welcome to GDC,

There are no known quantities except for the original order for the specially dedicated SA and SS dagger with Ernst Röhm's signature and some SS with Himmler's signature.

- The estimated total SA dagger production is 3,000,000.

- A member here, Dr. Mike, made a detailed statistical study over many years based on the daggers he counted at shows and internet sites.

- Both C. Linder & Peter Lungstrass are hard to find - rarity of 9 out 10 on Mike's rating

Various people have taken guesses based on that total and Mikes study.

My guess - 100 to 250 each

Dave
Admin
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: SA maker quantities! - 07/03/2021 06:05 PM
Hello Dave,

Even if I also have to make a guess about those production numbers, I find your estimate very low. Mine would be 500 to 1000 daggers for those very rare SA makers.

C. Linder certainly knew how to make these early SA-daggers!

Best regards,

Herman

Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: SA maker quantities! - 07/03/2021 07:17 PM
Herman,

You could be right. No one really knows.

Another interesting guessing game is the survival rate of SA or SS daggers. 5% ? 10% ?

Dave
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: SA maker quantities! - 07/03/2021 10:54 PM
Hi Dave,

That is a difficult one... in my opinion.
It would mean that there are between 150,000 and 300,000 SA daggers out there today... Appears to be a lot, but it is probably a realistic figure.
Cannot make a better guess anyway...

Best regards,

Herman
Posted By: Dave Re: SA maker quantities! - 07/04/2021 01:56 AM
Herman,

Don't forget the many SA (and other) daggers that were captured by the Soviets.

Dave
© Your new forums