UBB.threads
Posted By: Duzig slightly loose blade? - 03/06/2021 01:02 AM
Hello all,
Not really a dagger collector but I have an rzm style SA dagger & the blade seems to be very slightly lose, very slight wiggle to it. Very little but I was wondering whether I should just leave it alone & not worry about it or should I buy one of those tools for tightening the the tang nut & try to tighten it ever so slightly. I have read of people tightening the tang nut too much and breaking it or creating a crack in the grip so as I ask...should i leave it as it is or attempt to tighten it a little. I certainly wouldn't want to create more problems for myself and ruin the dagger compelety.
thanks for any replies.
Duzig(Bill)
Posted By: Dave Re: slightly loose blade? - 03/06/2021 03:01 AM
I keep my dagger tang nuts only finger-tight. Over tightening can cause problems.
Posted By: Duzig Re: slightly loose blade? - 03/06/2021 03:13 AM
Dave thanks for your reply. As the blade has just the slightest of movement, unnoticable pretty much...but I noticed it. The tang nut is not loose or anything & as I say I wouldn't want to make things even worse. I could see me over tightening the tang nut & ruining the whole thing so I shall leave it as it is. Thanks again for your reply
Bill
Posted By: Billy G. Re: slightly loose blade? - 03/12/2021 05:27 PM
I agree with Dave, it’s good to leave the tang nuts loose enough to be unscrewed by hand. Overtightening a pommel or pommel nut has ruined many a grip.
© Your new forums