UBB.threads
Posted By: LSM Question about Haco Berlin SA's - 04/06/2016 01:10 AM
Does all of the Haco Berlin SA Daggers have the thinner upper & lower Crossguards? Out of all the Pic's I've looked at, most do seem to have thinner Crossguards. But is this always correct, or does it vary? And if you see one with a thinner Crossguard, and a regular size Crossguard does that automatically make it a parts Dagger? Thanks...
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Question about Haco Berlin SA's - 04/17/2016 05:48 AM
Ok, I'm looking at three laid out in front of me..two have thin cross guards and one has a really nice, fat set w/wood shaped to match..all were sourced through direct vet buys and have never been touched.

When it comes to SA daggers, there is a lot we don't know, can' t know and will never know..certain makers do have distinctive characteristics to be certain, and then you will get one that is unlike all the others you used to form an opinion on the matter..

Why? Certainly you would have to throw the issue of sub contractors into the mix, perhaps parts availability or the company decided to do things a little different stylistically. That is where there we are vis large gaps in our understanding of the issue.
Posted By: 777 Re: Question about Haco Berlin SA's - 06/03/2016 08:28 PM
Yes, you're right, they are a tiny bit thinner. The HACO's are usually equipped with crossguards coming from the same caster and show perfect fit, so it would be hard to make a "parts" Haco. Show the picture, it will tell more than lots of words.
© Your new forums