UBB.threads
Posted By: Larry C Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 03:40 AM
This is not a new dagger for me as I had this one from a couple of years ago and acquired it from Paul Lakesidetrader. I posted this dagger when I only had a Video cam and used the photo option on it to shoot photos. The camera mode lacked the detail and the pixels,and since then I never updated the photos of this maker. Here are a few pics of my WKC.

Attached picture wkc1a.JPG
Attached picture wkc4.JPG
Attached picture wkc6.JPG
Attached picture wkc7.JPG
Attached picture wkc8_picnik.jpg
Posted By: Larry C Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 03:41 AM
more

Attached picture wkc10.JPG
Attached picture wkc17.JPG
Attached picture wkc22.JPG
Attached picture wkc23.JPG
Attached picture wkc24.JPG
Posted By: stingray Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 04:14 AM
Very nice dagger Larry and perfect pictures.

Stingray
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 04:35 AM

...and still yet another choice piece, fine example. You pick your daggers wisely. And as usual your photography is on point.

Rich
Posted By: jeff Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 09:20 AM
very nice dagger indeed. nice maker to find also.
thank you for showing us!
jeff
Posted By: Vassago Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 05:11 PM
WKC SA Dagger Beautiful Siegfried B and also looks great in these pictures, I could see that you have a weakness for Daggers SA and it is not surprising that in his collection is the most beautiful examples of this piece, my congratulations.
Posted By: Larry C Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 11:46 PM
Thanks for looking,,and WKC is a hard maker to find ,, but I heard that the WKC firm regrained some Rohm daggers from other makers and sold them as their own product. I am not sure of this but if someone else has heard this information or knows more about it, it would be appreciated. If anyone else has a WKC early SA or a mid to late one,, PLEASE post it! I would love see it. I have never seen one before or since after I purchased this example. Thanks again Larry
Posted By: Erich Re: Early SA WKC - 11/23/2011 11:49 PM
I really like seeing when minty blades are drawn out of the scabbard. As always, very nice Larry!
Posted By: Dave Re: Early SA WKC - 11/24/2011 01:11 AM
Larry,

Check out page 24 of Tom Wittmann's Book on SS daggers.

Dave
Posted By: jeff Re: Early SA WKC - 11/24/2011 12:02 PM
correct, Tom's book shows a ground SS. looks like they accidentally removed the original maker mark , So added their own.
jeff
Posted By: R.R Re: Early SA WKC - 11/24/2011 12:28 PM
Nice dagger Larry, WKC quality is still present in it's blade.

Regards,

Ricardo
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Early SA WKC - 11/24/2011 04:39 PM

Well Larry, looks like what you heard was right. It's nice having the editor of such an informative book amongst our ranks. Well done Dave.
Posted By: Larry C Re: Early SA WKC - 11/24/2011 09:02 PM
Thanks Dave and thank you Rich or forwarding to me Wittmanns page on this subject. I took a look at mine again and mine looks to be etched and not engraved,, so is it possible to assume that this was never a Rohm SS but just a standard WKC SA? Jump in anyone and comment on this. I will look at the guards internally later on. here is an enlarged photo of the motto showing the etching.

Attached picture wkc7.JPG
Posted By: Larry C Re: Early SA WKC - 11/25/2011 05:58 AM
I took a look inside and both guards are marked with an "H" and a dot.
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: Early SA WKC - 11/25/2011 10:59 PM
Hello Siegfried,

Great looking WKC SA that you got!

You wanted to see some more, so here is mine.

Best greetings,

Herman

Attached picture A1.JPG
Attached picture A2.JPG
Attached picture A3.JPG
Attached picture A4.JPG
Posted By: Vassago Re: Early SA WKC - 11/26/2011 12:52 AM
That beauty Herman, I'm impressed ...
Posted By: Larry C Re: Early SA WKC - 11/26/2011 01:05 AM
WOW HERMANN That first one is in screaming great condition!! Very impressive both of them. I like the "S" group mark on the first one. Hard one to find being that far east in the Reich! Regards Larry
© Your new forums