Attached picture Afbeelding 49.jpg
Attached picture Afbeelding 50.jpg
Attached picture Afbeelding 51.jpg
Attached picture Afbeelding 52.jpg
last pics

Attached picture Afbeelding 53.jpg
Attached picture Afbeelding 54.jpg
Attached picture Afbeelding 55.jpg
Pretty intense example but I dont know what to make of it. Alot of heart went into making a Late SA into something nice. The only concern I see is that it has been opened and the blade fit to the lower crossguard is not good,,,The big boys will have to judge the rest. Nice touch with the brass dome head screws. Not sure of the maiden hair pattern Larry
All the parts except the blade appear to be period. The blade is an artificial damascus fake. I have essentially the same fake blade by Klittermann & Moog in SS format.
Jim

Attached picture 2011_0222KMFake0002.JPG
well i tought that i had seen an earlier post with this Klittermann logo in damast but was unable to relocate the topic.
Not sure if that one was SA or SS.

hard to tell from your pic Jim, but is the blade the same quality as yours?
could you post a close up of AH ear ?

Attached picture Afbeelding 30.png
I have alway had trouble taking pics. of blades but I'll try with natural light later today. The ear on my blade looks exactly the same as on the SA example. Quality wise,at least IMO, these aren't bad but wouldn't fool anyone familiar with real period examples.
I was able to take this picture under artificial light. The image is clear but the color is off as Hitlers head is actually gold but the surrounding metal isn't
Jim

Attached picture hitlerhead.jpg
There was an assortment of these fakes advertised on a CZ or Russian site about a year ago, both SA and SS with similar artificial Damascus blades. They were being sold as bargain priced originals. I posted a link to the site at the time, don't know if they're still in business...

Red
i was wondering how much time work and money must have been spent on this blade, hard to believe that the profit would be worth the effort.
this one is for sale on a local auction site, highest bid for the moment is around 1000 dollars. So about the same price of what the original SA would have been worth.
Originally Posted By: Redbaron
There was an assortment of these fakes advertised on a CZ or Russian site about a year ago, both SA and SS with similar artificial Damascus blades. They were being sold as bargain priced originals. I posted a link to the site at the time, don't know if they're still in business...

Red

This SS dagger with the fake blade I own came out of a collection that was put together in the late 60's and early 70's by an active duty military officer at that time. So these fakes have been around at least since then. It's of course possible that additional examples were made more recently.
However; I have long maintained the the fakery of 3rd Reich militaria began on May 9,1945. grin
Jim
Page 223 of Reproduction?Recognition! by F.Stephens Vol.2 copyright 1981.I think that tells the story.
that book I don't have, I have been looking for it but doesn't pop up often in Belgium.
If not mistaken I heard that they were planning to reprint it ?
Here's some of the daggers that were available a while back, he also had a lot of fake SS, Rohms, Himmlers, etc...

Red

Attached picture DSC03378.jpg
Attached picture damascus1.jpg
Some more...

Attached picture 6440032075_final2.jpg
Attached picture 4920032075_3.jpg
More still

Attached picture 902109055_1025333028_3.jpg
Attached picture 871109055_1025333028_4.jpg
ok thank's Red.
in the mean time I got some extra pics
and inthese pics you can clearly see the poor fit of the blade.
I will try to warn the high bidders.

Attached picture S7002599.jpg
Here's a link to the home of many fake daggers, including one similar to the one you've shown. The dealer is Daggrs.com... worth looking at some of these to help spot the kind of fakes they are selling and producing these days. Luckily they are still making a lot of mistakes.

http://www.daggrs.de/index.php?page=product&info=11

Red
© Your new forums