UBB.threads
Posted By: forton Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 06/29/2010 10:14 PM
I would like opinions on my new SA dagger I picked up at the OVMS a couple of weeks ago. It's an early dagger, Gau Mark WF unclean, with a nice patina, just the way I like them. The question I have is about the pimpling on the motto; was wondering how common this flaw is as my other early SA daggers don't have this characteristic.

on this one you can see the pimpling on the 'd' in Deutschland

Posted By: forton Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 06/29/2010 10:52 PM
If you up your page size from 100 to 150% you'll get a full size view of the pictures and page.
Posted By: R.R Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 06/30/2010 02:25 AM
Hi,

The dagger looks ok to me, I'm no idea about the pimpling.

Regards,

Ricardo
No problems here.

It is a nice early example of one of the more uncommon makers.

Some makers (particularly with SS daggers) have the characteristic pimpling on the motto which is down to the acid etch process to do with how much is used and how long it is left on for.

Best wishes,
Ian

www.simplydaggers.co.uk
Posted By: spock Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 06/30/2010 11:56 AM
Yup, I agree with Ian. Chances are the dark finish to the motto has worn away so the acid effect is more prominent.
Looks nice.
Posted By: seany Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 06/30/2010 11:31 PM
I have one with quite heavy pimpling
nothing wrong with yours at all
Posted By: LH 600 Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 07/01/2010 03:14 AM
Very nice SA dagger Forton .
Regards LH
Posted By: forton Re: Cuno Remscheid & Co (REMEVE) SA Dagger - 07/02/2010 06:16 AM
Thanks for the response. :)The pimpling must be a more common flaw than I thought. Regards,jeff
© Your new forums