UBB.threads
Posted By: ima S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 12:29 AM
I have a better than average condition S A and it has a complete hanger. This is a classic beginner's luck deal here!! Does anyone have any info about this maker? I know he died in 1936 and his Widow sold the business in 1937. I'm guessing that is somewhat of a low number manufacturer. There is no indication of blade grinding. What is the aproximate value?

Description: sa dagger
Attached picture SA_dagger_front.jpg
Posted By: TexasGauleiter Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 12:50 AM
the depth of your question leads me to believe you know a little more about the dagger than you perhaps are letting on..

this is your first post...
did you really join this forum just to find out the value?

this forum is growing weary of the 'playing dumb' angle
Posted By: Mike McAlvanah Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 01:32 AM
Ditto above, but we need better and more complete pics of the dagger, maker mark and eagle-looks like a "late" SA with Aluminium eagle and plated fittings- so until then-Mike
Posted By: ima Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 01:39 AM
Hello,
I'm not playing games; that is not my style! I just started looking in Google etc. The digital pics that I took are incredibly unflattering. It is not worn down to bare metal, just to the dull primer or anodized base. My pics ****, I'll take some more tomorrow. I bought this from a Military surplus dealer (a relitive) and got a good deal, $125.
Posted By: ima Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 01:42 AM
I forgot, you guys want some more ****y pics? here's another....

Description: maker's mark
Attached picture SA_dagger_maker_detail.jpg
Posted By: Mike McAlvanah Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 01:50 AM
thank you for the pic- the problem is that you have a blade that seems to be a good "early" one but a handle that appears to have a "late" aluminium eagle in it-the scabbard appears to be "late" painted-so not everything necessarily is in acceptable order- further pics would help- your dagger could be one of the transitional ones where parts were mixed- time and pics will tell, and keep your pants on. Mike
Posted By: ima Re: S A dagger made C. Linder - 04/24/2007 02:45 AM
The main problem is the flaws in digital pics, I believe. The wife and I do some antiques and have some experience, but in total we have bought more than we have sold. I have had this for 8 to 10 years; I am a collector and have a Hitler youth belt buckle and a SS buckle. I want a SS dagger someday.

I am looking at the item now. The cross guard is all smooth and it does not have ripples as in my stupid pics!! In my opinion, and I am no expert, none of this is plated white metal or aluminium. I think it has been cleaned before I got it. On the edges of the crossguards where they meet the wooden handle you can see some green (nickel) where the cleaner could not get to. There is no indication of plate lifting. The stamp on the crossguard is Ns, which I just found out is Neidersachsen (lower Saxony) The eagle does not look like aluminum. Please forgive me for putting you at such a disadvantage, due to my poor pics. I will try to take better ones tomorrow.

Attached picture SA_dagger_front_1.jpg
© Your new forums