UBB.threads
Posted By: wes_143 ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:00 PM
this ss and a sa dagger were listed on ebay and canceld a week ago. the seller was in germany. can they be shipped safe from there to canada ? or is there anything i should know before i pay this guy ? the pictures are poor but i took a chance.

Attached picture ebay_buy.jpg
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:01 PM

Attached picture ebay_buy.3_jpg.jpg
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:01 PM

Attached picture ebay_buy.2_jpg.jpg
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:02 PM
marked rzm m7/83
Posted By: Grumpy Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:07 PM
Who is he? Naming him might get you some feedback here. Also, check his feedback on eBay (no guarantees there!), but it couldn't hurt. Can't tell much about the dagger from the photos.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:17 PM
his ebay feedback is good but low. this was the sellers ebay name, firebird2602 (140)feedbacks, it was bought through ebay so i should end up with the buyer protection if not received, it will be sent with tracking and full value stated for customs. is there any other precautions i should take?
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:18 PM
one more photo

Attached picture ebay_buy.4_jpg.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 09:58 PM
If the auction was canceled, you have no protection at all from eBay. They only help (if you can call it that) on successfully concluded auctions. In addition they do not allow Nazi daggers, so you are on your own.

Also, if you can tell what you are buying from those pictures, to quote Rudyard Kipling, "You are better man that I am, Gunga Din"

Good luck,
Dave
Posted By: V. TORRES Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:01 PM
With these photos it is impossible to say anything Eek
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:02 PM
i had him relist it as old hunting knife with a buy it now and no picture that way i would be protected, all our emails are attatched to the photo's i have shown here and refere to this hunting knife.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:16 PM
I know the pictures are very bad , but as i said I took the chance. Are these RZM M7/83 a known reproduced dagger?
Posted By: 777 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:20 PM
Beware. Get good pictures (all the important details) before you buy. There used to be a LOT of fake daggers for sale on german militaria321.com auction site.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:22 PM
thanks , this one has a number on the cross guards maybe that might help ? number is 1289 702
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:56 PM
Wes. This guy just sent me the exact same pictures and wants to sell me this dagger for $600.00 or offer! When did you buy this dagger? The offer he sent me was less than 1 hour ago.
SSman
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 10:58 PM
He told me the number is 1279702!
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:18 PM
it was about supper time today when i did the buy it now deal with him......hmmmm
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:20 PM
yep 4:27 pm today i used the buy it now
Posted By: Earl (Rick) Schreiber Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:34 PM
Wes...I dont get a warm fuzzy feeling on this one.If it was 600 or best offer, i would think there is a problem somewhere.
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:35 PM
Just checked my email and it was sent at 4:31pm. Maybe he figured if you didn't buy it I would be interested in it?
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:36 PM
maybe ssman can ask the seller if it is still available and if he says yes well i'll have to run and back out of this purchase with ebay
Posted By: Earl (Rick) Schreiber Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:36 PM
Plus i have never seen one with the SS number stamped on the back of the crossguard (if that is where the number looks like it it at in the bad photos. I dont ever recall seeeing that high of a number on an ss dagger, but im no expert on SS daggers or numbering.
Posted By: Sepp Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:37 PM
Wes_143...Learn from other peoples mistakes....Run don't walk away from this deal.

DID you see what Dave wrote above???

Sepp

GDC 0292
Posted By: Grumpy Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:44 PM
It certainly seems fishy. A number on an RZM dagger is highly unusual, unless it's an earlier RZM with nickel-silver fittings. The eBay mediocre feedback does not bode well. Don't know about the RZM number. If you paid by PayPal, I would review their policies, in case you have a claim.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:47 PM
yeh i did thanks, I havent payed him yet,i had asked that he wait till friday that way i could get some feedback from members here first. and it looks like i should be passing on it if he cant send me some better pictures. then if you guys still dont like it i will runnnnnnnn fast.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:49 PM
Did a quick Google on the RZM number. It's for Richard Plumacher. Scanning the Google results, they did make HJ knifes and SA daggers. You may want to explore further as to SS manufacture.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/05/2010 11:51 PM
does anyone know if SS daggers were made by this company?
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:14 AM
going through the post here i found the ss list and it has RZM M7/83 as good, so they were made. but that dont mean this dagger is good or the seller is reliable.better pictures are needed and i am tring to get some sent to me.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:27 AM
Can anyone here tell us if the numbers are in the keys ? 1279702 or 1289702 or if a seven digit number was ever used
Hi Wes:

No SS membership numbers beyond six digits.

Regards,

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
www.HistoricGraphics.com
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:43 AM
Wes. I also asked him for better pictures of the makers mark and the a closeup of the handle. When I first emailed and asked for better pictures he emailed me and told me the number and makers mark all he said was solingen! Still waiting to hear back from him. Will let you know if he emails me back.
SSman
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:43 AM
100% feedback on ebay means nothing. If he doesn't send the dagger, what recourse do you have? If it seems too good to be true....

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...880005505#3880005505
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:52 AM
sounds good , thanks. if and when he send more pictures i will post them here. I too never heard of a seven digit number
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 12:59 AM
I have had buyers from france pay me paypal and as soon as i shipped items out the cheap way to save them money ( as requested from buyer ) they would put in a paypal claim saying never received items and without online tracking ((to save on shipping cost) they will get there money back from paypal before the items ever arrive in france. i just lost $225.00 from some trapper over there. so paypal is a easy claim for buyers.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 01:21 AM
Checking out this seller on ebay he has a photo of himself , been a member for the past 10 years, 100% positive feedback ,with only 25 deals this year and a hundred and forty total over that time. I put lots of trust in people dealing online but i have had thousands of good deals and only a small handfull of losses from the rotten apples out there like pawel in poland and jeramiha the trapper in france. some risk must be taken in order to get the deals or you miss out all the time.But we will continue to learn and better the way we do things with each mistake eh. thanks to all of you.
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 01:14 PM
Wes. Here is an email I got from the seller at 12:27 AM. See if you can figure out what he is saying because I sure can't!
"I'm selling two daggers if you do already makes really smart and you have the dagger which I was not offered to buy it you are still enough other interests to have him, So either you buy it or has it simply. I have no lust to go there and just pointless to go there."
This was his message to me.
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 02:07 PM
strange email indeed,i think it sounds like he is still offering you the two daggers as a buy it now? I know i havent received any new pictures yet,but he has time to request paypal payment and send you emails.I had asked for as many pictures as he can get and i will crop them for a better look. you would think to make the sale he would get right on it? i know if i were asked for better pictures in order to make a sale i would be sending all kinds of photos.It is starting to look fishy and i am becoming weary of this offer
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 02:30 PM
Wes. I have no interest in the daggers. I only asked him for pictures before it was booted off ebay. If you are still thinking about buying the daggers I just want to let you know that I am not going to try to get them. I never cut in on somebodies deals.
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 03:40 PM
thanks but never thought that for a minuite....but i am wondering if he is tring to sell to more then one buyer.I seem to remember a guy who had a large collection listed on ioffer.com and he had a picture of himself in the listing, I cant remember his name but i think it might be the same guy, looking at his ebay profile i have seen his picture before.
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 04:18 PM
Wes. The thing that bothers me is if this guy wants to sell the daggers so bad why won't he send more pictures? If I want to sell something and somebody asks me for more pictures I am more than happy to send them! Like John Merling said just becaise he has 100% positive feedback that means nothing actually. Never did recall seeing this guy before. I check out ioffer pretty often but don't remember seeing this guy?
SSman
Posted By: Grumpy Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 05:12 PM
That email is a tough one. It is open to any number of interpretations. It sounds like he is telling SSman to take them or leave them. He really doesn't care. I'm not involved in this and don't wish to interfere, but it could be interesting for SSman to try to continue contact with the seller to see what develops. There is definitely a problem with communication here.
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 05:51 PM
Grumpy. I have not replied back to the seller about the daggers. Maybe I will just to see if he keeps emailing me back. I just don't want to interfere with somebody elses dealings.
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 06:22 PM
reading that email i wonder if maybe he is asking about the other dagger (sa) that i did not buy, but the ss i did use the buy it now and will be paying him for it later today if he sends me more pictures.
Posted By: 777 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 06:36 PM
In my opinion all this deal smells and the "$600 numbered RZM dagger" is nothing but a fake.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 09:11 PM
still no new pictures and i still aint sending payment till i get some,and he has been told that. as i said i would send lots of pictures if i was the one selling it, it's not that hard
Posted By: Grumpy Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 09:15 PM
You are correct, Wes! If he is serious about selling, he will do what he can to accomodate a potential buyer. It sounds like he wants to sell on his terms only, if he intends to sell at all. Not worth the risk.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 10:33 PM
yep , my money so my terms. here is the last email i sent him but no response yet.

Hi, I have been ready with the money for a while now and i am ready to send payment, but i have a few concerns about the makers mark that i have not yet seen, and the number stamped into the guards. please i need you to send me pictures of all the markings and writing on the dagger along with a close up of the handle in order for me to proceed with payment and shipping arrangements. I trust that you want to make this a smooth transaction for the two of us and will send pictures shortly so that we may continue with this deal......thanks wes
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/06/2010 11:25 PM
Wes. Here is what he said to me in an email at 1:20pm today. "Either you buy now or not at all?" I have already told him I wasn't interested in the daggers but he keeps emailing me. This last time I told him not to offer them to me because I am not interested in them. See if he replies after that email?
SSman
Posted By: Larry C Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 12:07 AM
Pictures #2 and #3 are visually different, with the upper crossguards being larger than the other.
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 02:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried B:
Pictures #2 and #3 are visually different, with the upper crossguards being larger than the other.

I thought maybe he was using some fish eye lens that distorted the picture?
Posted By: Larry C Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 02:41 AM
In photo #3 it almost looks like a lower cross guard being used in the upper position. Very thick looking. All upper crossguards I know are always smaller than the lower ones. I could be wrong, but thats what it looks like. Best Larry
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 05:49 AM
I don't shy away from a gamble every now and then, this seems more like a prayer.

Firstly, $600 is awfully low.
Seems to good to be true, 99 times out of 100, it is.
Secondly, he could send you a box with a candle, so long as he has tracking, hes covered with ebay & paypal.
Third, if he won't provide more pics, I'd reject it out of hand.
Posted By: Terry Pullen Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 01:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SSman:
Wes. Here is an email I got from the seller at 12:27 AM. See if you can figure out what he is saying because I sure can't!
"I'm selling two daggers if you do already makes really smart and you have the dagger which I was not offered to buy it you are still enough other interests to have him, So either you buy it or has it simply. I have no lust to go there and just pointless to go there."
This was his message to me.
SSman

This looks as if he's using a translator page. Where is he supposed to be from?
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 02:34 PM
Terry. The guy is from Germany. The emails he send me end with .de
SSman
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 03:55 PM
well he still has not emailed me any new picture at all, so he must be fishing for a ****er via emails to others. someone who will just jump in and buy it without asking for good pictures. he has had plenty of time to send some. so not really the way an honest seller would try and make a sale if you ask me . looks like this deal is off.
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 04:22 PM
Wes. I know what you mean. If he was honest why won't he send nbetter pictures?
SSman
Posted By: Terry Pullen Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 08:18 PM
This is his reply moved back to German using Babelfish translator page.. Does it make any more sense to our German speaking members?
I' m, das zwei Dolche verkauft, wenn Sie bereits tun, bildet wirklich intelligent und Sie, den Dolch zu haben, den ich nicht angeboten wurde, um zu kaufen es Sie, sind noch genug andere Interessen, ihn zu haben, also entweder Sie kaufen es oder haben es einfach. Ich habe keine Sinneslust, zum dort und gerade sinnlos zu gehen, zu gehen there."
Posted By: Dave Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 09:24 PM
There is an old scam that we have not heard of for a couple of years.

1. Find pictures - not too good - of a desirable dagger on a website, preferably obscure.

2. List dagger on eBay and wait for requests for better pictures.

3. Cancel the auction if eBay does not get you first.

4. Offer that dagger that you do not own to all who responded, but who live in a different country. Ask for non-traceable or difficult to trace payment.

5. Laugh all the way to Western Union office, open new eBay account and repeat steps 1-4.

Dave
Posted By: SSman Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 09:27 PM
Dave. Ebay actually booted this guys daggers off. I ask him for pictures even before they got booted and he sent the blurry ones. I ask him for better pictures and like Wes never got any.
SSman
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 09:36 PM
Of course ebay will boot a SS dagger.
The people who list them know that they may be on a few hours, and in those hours 100's of people will see it, and some will express interest in it, so even if the auction is canned, the contact has been made, and the potential transaction, if such that it is, can continue.
Posted By: Robert H. Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 09:52 PM
Be very very careful with such Ebay deals!

I did such a thing once and will not so it again!
Email contact to Canada, money paid and never received anything.
Found the address out, drove 4 hours could not find the right apartment.
Went to the Police in Canada and the one in the US. No help no support!

Finally I found out the person in Canada (female)made a % on the money as she worked for someone in Germany. I received then details with an address in Germany.

Contacted the Police in Germany and they found out the address is a black mail box connected to Russia.

A well organized scam, that you win or loose only a flight ticket and a good semi.

Aood luck with anything like this, profiles on Ebay count nothing trust me.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/07/2010 10:00 PM
So has Anyone here ever delt with or heard of this guy ?

Seller info
firebird2602 ( 140)
100% Positive feedback
Ask a question
Save this seller
See other items

Other item info
Item number:
Item location: Dennheritz, Germany
Ships to: Worldwide
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/08/2010 12:30 AM
Odds of anyone have dealt with a particular seller are astronomically low.

There are half a dozen "firebird" ebay nyms followed by numbers from Germany, including a firebird260 & firebird2604.
Firebird2604 registered the very same day, Dec-27-02, as your firebird, firebird2602.
here
That has got to be more than just a coinsidence ,, And while there may be legit purposes for multiple ebay id's, in general I look at them as red flags ,, What meaning does "firebird" have to a German anyhow ?
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/08/2010 01:35 AM
ok....thanks , we'll soon find out what happens with ebay when i refused to pay this guy for not providing discriptive photo's as advertised in the listing
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/08/2010 01:55 AM
If he files a non paying bidder report, tell ebay is was a banned Nazi item, when you thought it was a WW1 German dagger. You didn't want to violate ebay rules or soil your house with evil Nazi regalia, so you refused to pay Smile

I think ebay would agree.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/10/2010 09:43 PM
yeh , I guess i could eh...he has put in a none payment claim and he has become very agressive as well. And he still refusses to send more pictures.I believe these are the actions of a real crook and not an honest seller.
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: ss daggers from germany - 05/10/2010 10:01 PM
Without a doubt, he is raising more red flags than a Mao birthday party.
He wants to play rough, I'd rat him out for trying to sell an SS dagger on ebay.
© Your new forums