UBB.threads
Posted By: OK&G Crossguard castor marks - 11/05/2022 10:04 PM
Hi guys is there any in depth info ‘ out there available in regard to crossguard and their makers and the different ones used by various manufacturers from the start to the end of production . I’ve been trying to find good reference online but have been struggling, or is there a good reference book available? Thanks Jimmy.
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/05/2022 11:38 PM
The Fisher's Quick Reference has 7 pages of cross guard marks with a list of the dagger trademarks associated with each. The marks start on page 58 in my 5th edition copy.
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/06/2022 09:11 PM
The Fisher's Quick Reference is out of print. I'm pulling together photos of crossguard castor's marks and should have a gallery ready in a few days. If you would like to submit photos, please post them here. Thanks wink
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/15/2022 03:02 AM
Here is a link to a gallery of the crossguard marks I have photos of. Any additions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

https://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/CG.php
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/29/2022 06:59 PM
Kind of kills the importance of crossguard marks wink

Attached picture Crossguards.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/29/2022 07:16 PM
" ..they are indistinguishable from original .."

Horsefeathers ! Below is a pic from another forum. Look at the groves.

Attached picture Fake P&A.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/29/2022 09:21 PM
wink
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: Crossguard castor marks - 11/30/2022 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Vern
Here is a link to a gallery of the crossguard marks I have photos of. Any additions and/or corrections are greatly appreciated.

https://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/CG.php

Great job you did , Vern, as usual!

Thx,

Herman
Posted By: Vern Re: Crossguard castor marks - 12/03/2022 05:34 PM
Added several additonal marks thanks to Ilya wink I did edit the contrast and color to improve visibility.
© Your new forums