UBB.threads
Posted By: captsteveo Display Cas - 01/06/2017 05:53 PM
Gentlemen, I apologize for the basic nature of this question, but I am new to this forum and to collecting daggers. I am about to receive my first SS Dagger in the mail. My question is any recommendations on a source for a display case so I can proudly display my first dagger?? Thanks in advance!
Steve
Posted By: JR Re: Display Cas - 01/06/2017 06:20 PM
This first one has glass panels both front and back, and can be used with a rotating pedestal. So, you are dealing with keeping glass cleaned, and not being able to access your dagger in a moments notice. As it takes a little bit to get it out. They are neat though with the rotating base, but certainly delicate per se', being suspended and turning.

Attached picture cases1 (Custom).JPG
Posted By: JR Re: Display Cas - 01/06/2017 06:27 PM
This second one is a heavy duty beast, and made out of ebony. It's a very nice construction. And you can get to your dagger in a second.

Both of these are manufactured and distributed by a collector friend of ours. You can also contact us directly regarding the same.

Attached picture cases2.JPG
Attached picture cases3.JPG
Attached picture cases4.JPG
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Display Cas - 01/07/2017 01:36 AM
Hi JR like the second example with sigrunen will it hold a chained? Thanks Ryan [email protected] price?
Posted By: JR Re: Display Cas - 01/07/2017 05:07 PM
Ry,

Those are all custom recessed according to the application. If you have a vertical on a 33, it has to be altered differently than a 33 like which is shown. If you have a chain, that too will change how the display box is cut to fit the edged weapon. As expected, a knot on a chain dagger needs to be figured into the manufacturing a custom box as well.

In essence, there are a lot of variables that need to be taken into account on a custom display box for an edged weapon.
Posted By: Panzerfaust Re: Display Cas - 01/07/2017 09:17 PM
I like the box with the SS runes on it
© Your new forums