UBB.threads
pulled this out of an auction,,but looked bad to me as soon as I opened the package...opinions & comments greatly appreciated & if someone would be so kind to indicate WHY this a fake/reproduction,that too, wpu;d be very welcomed,,Many Thanks in advance,,,Robert

Attached picture FAKE SS DAGGER HANDLE 2.jpg
Attached picture FAKE SS DAGGER HANDLE 4.jpg
Attached picture FAKE SS DAGGER HANDLE 3.jpg
Attached picture FAKE SS DAGGER HANDLE 5.jpg
Attached picture FAKE SS DAGGER HANDLE 6.jpg
Wood is not ebony, grain is too coarse and sanding lines visible, stain too light, hole is misshapen, eagle fit/Runes button fit is poor. I think the Runes button is a repro as well.
I could swear that is some kind of wood wax remnant left on the top of the grip.

I agree with John also on his details. Not typical of an early period grip without going into further detail.
I agree the wood does not appear to be ebony, although some RZM dagger grips are found made of different woods. The main concern here for me is the lower opening which is sloppily formed by multiple drill holes. It does not have the crisp, clean edges and shape found on originals.
As I stated on the WAF forum, this appears to be an SA grip that has been stripped and dyed black with a repo rune button added.
It is so interesting to me ,for what were they using this ?
Originally Posted By: Carla999
It is so interesting to me ,for what were they using this ?

Its used on one of these things

Im going to enjoy a spam sandwich now

Attached picture mini-luft_sword_026.JPG
Im going to enjoy a spam sandwich now

As a WW2 kid I grew up on SPAM and Vienna sausages
© Your new forums