UBB.threads
Hello all,

Wanted to share a nice one I recently got out of the woodwork. This is a beauty of a RZM M7/95 - 1222/39 SS dagger by J. A. Schmidt & Söhne, Solingen. The only other like it that I could find on the forum is located here:

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=209459&page=1

The blade on this one is really something and with a nice dark motto. On the back of the handle there appears to be a "K" pressed into the wood. The hanger has the SS runes in a double circle impressed into the leather but it was hard to photograph (you can see it if you look closely however) and the metal clip is marked RZM M5/8 I believe. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

William Kramer

Attached picture IMG_3251.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3259.JPG

Attached picture IMG_3295.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3261.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3268.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3278.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3280.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3282.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3287.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3288.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3303.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3299.JPG
Outstanding Nice dagger cheers, Ryan
Great blade and grip etc.

But, these later daggers always seem to have irreversible condition issues: the crossguards are peeling off their plating and the lower scabbard fitting is stating to rust
Altough I'm not a collector from RZM pieces, this one does have a very good appeal!
Congrats with this very beautifull SS dagger.
As Dave points out RZM SS daggers have their inherent issues but the M33 maker marked SS daggers have loss of anondizing and are prone to rust to scabbard bodies. It also seems that RZM SS dagger handles generally hold up better and are less prone to fading, cracking, spiltting and loss of pieces. This is due mainly to the type of wood used cheers Ryan
As Dave points out RZM SS daggers have their inherent issues but the M33 maker marked SS daggers have loss of anondizing and are prone to rust to scabbard bodies. It also seems that RZM SS dagger handles generally hold up better and are less prone to fading, cracking, spiltting and loss of pieces. This is due mainly to the type of wood used cheers Ryan
Nice score.
Thats what I'm talkin about, superb, historical weapon.
thanks all. This one appears to have been stored in a damp environment prior but hopefully with the right storage and care, the guards won't get progressively worse too quickly. While I can't stop the aging process, perhaps I can slow it down some.

William Kramer
WOW This is a very beautiful SS Dagger smile
A nice dagger William! A Close Friend of mine bought the same during a show,down in Bavaria 👍🏻👍🏻
Regards,
Gerd
© Your new forums