UBB.threads
Posted By: UncleFred SS Dagger - Seeking Opinions to Authenticity - 02/03/2015 06:15 PM
Hello. I am wondering about this SS dagger. I've been interested in German daggers for years, but lack of experience makes me hesitate. I am hoping forum members can help me? Thank you!

Attached picture SS -1.JPG
Attached picture SS - 2.JPG
Attached picture SS - 3.JPG
Attached picture SS - 4.JPG
more photos

Attached picture SS - 7.JPG
again

Attached picture SS -9.JPG
On this forum you will get a lot of angst over the fact that the maker mark doesn't have the word "original" in it. There has been a debate over this for years. Personally, I think period Eickhorn blades were manufactured with and without the word "original". Other than that, the grip looks odd... as though it has been painted or shoe polished. Here is a link to another forum that discusses a similar dagger: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784027
It appears that there may be more differences in the trademark that just the lack of the word "original".
Posted By: JR Re: SS Dagger - Seeking Opinions to Authenticity - 02/03/2015 08:17 PM
An absolute fake SS dagger, no doubt about it.
Posted By: luca Re: SS Dagger - Seeking Opinions to Authenticity - 02/03/2015 09:35 PM
also my unexpert eyes saw some problems with grip,crossguards and rune button...also the blade is a fake John?
Posted By: JohnZ Re: SS Dagger - Seeking Opinions to Authenticity - 02/03/2015 11:17 PM
I sure don't like that trademark.

John
Posted By: Dave Re: SS Dagger - Seeking Opinions to Authenticity - 02/03/2015 11:59 PM

Who is selling that one, Fred?
I agree, this one is no good!
Thank you for the responses, I appreciate the feedback. There's a lot to learn! The dagger comes from Prague, CZ, and my instincts were telling me that it isn't genuine. Don't want to pay for that kind of education. Thanks!
© Your new forums