UBB.threads
Hi all - well out of my price league and sphere of collecting but i spotted this on a lot-tissimo and thought i would share the link:

http://www.lot-tissimo.com/de/i/8814161/p/1/

not the best of pics but looks at least period

Attached picture 1g.jpg

Attached picture 2.jpg

Attached picture 3.jpg
And a period pic of him with dagger

Attached picture grupfhr.jpg
Posted By: luca Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/23/2015 12:49 PM
a pity that its fittings have been so heavy polished...but seems a right piece
Posted By: Dave Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/23/2015 04:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the blade shape is wrong? Too narrow towards the bottom and perhaps too short.

Dave
The blade shape and the scabbard don't look right but it may be distortion by the photos.
Posted By: Dave Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/24/2015 03:40 AM
Correct! I would want to see a lot more before thinking about whether it was correct.
The original owner may have polished the tip off. They didn't have simi -chrome back then.
Posted By: Dave Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/24/2015 05:14 PM
Simichrome did not do that. If I am correct, the blade is either an aged fake or it had a broken tip and was reground.

Also note the lack of detail in the trademark but no loss in the dedication.

Dave

Attached picture 2a.jpg
good eye Dave
The eagle appears a little low on the grip than usually seen, but this is also the case in the period photo.
When you look on the website you can actually see that there's something wrong with the blade. First of all the tip (like Dave said)is not 100% and the maker mark seems to have a lot of wear while the dedication is still nice and crisp.

Maybe this was a partial ground Rohm but they put the name back on to jack up the price? Who knows?

Gruss,

Gerry
Posted By: Dave Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/26/2015 12:02 AM
The trademark is strange. I have seen many daggers where the trademark has been partially ground away and they do not look like that. What I think it might be is a fake blade with an obviously bad trademark that someone had effaced.
I think this is a dagger in the upcoming Thies auction.
Posted By: Dave Re: Alfred RODENBÜCHER - SS Rohm on auction site - 01/27/2015 12:15 AM
Yes, I just checked. There are better photos and it is a Boker. They mention the number, but do not ID the owner.

They have the number "6500" but I do not read enough German to tell whether that is the sales estimate or the reserve. Not very much for an unground Rohm owned by a Gruppenfuhrer (?)

That is the reserve price in Euros. Plus, of course, commission of 23 o/o.
Not trying to stray off topic here, but the photo distortion of the SS dagger in question may be the culprit and not the actual dagger. An SA dagger was just posted in this thread that exhibits the same misleading distortion. I'd post it here but it's 198kb and it's too large to upload. (I don't know how the original poster managed it.)
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=304323#Post304323
It is the last post:#304717 - 01/29/15 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Tristan
That is the reserve price in Euros. Plus, of course, commission of 23 o/o.

As far as i know,the dagger was sold for 8k plus commission

Very low for an Full Röhm wink
© Your new forums