UBB.threads
Hi,

I know, there is a LOT of rubbish around like that one, but this one was offered to me from a good source. The pics are not the best, but the details I can see are not so bad. I never saw such a honor piece before.
IMO it is not just a upgraded, early civil piece, the swas does not looks like simply added to the cross guard.
The style of the lettering of the inscription concerns me. It does not look like the original "Fraktur" letters used in the period.

What do you think?

Thanks for comments!

Attached picture P1010932.JPG
Attached picture P1010937.JPG
Attached picture P1010944.JPG
Attached picture P1010940.JPG
Attached picture P1010933.JPG

Attached picture P1010934.JPG
Attached picture P1010935.JPG
Attached picture P1010936.JPG
Attached picture P1010939.JPG
I would be leery of this one. No doubt it is impressive. The 1942 date seems suspicious, as does the purpose of the prize at that time. Edged weapons were all but out of the picture by the date shown and the configuration of the sword seems more appropriate for an earlier period. I would think if such a sword were prepared at that time for presentation, it would be the "officer candidate" SS degen. The maker, C&J, is well-known to be found on post-war spurious edged weapons. Could it be authentic? I suppose so, but there are too many illogical "flags" that make me question it, including, as you note, the lettering style.
When you say you know there is a lot of rubbish around just stop and look at the grip on that thing then think on your comment.
seriously thou the maker mark and over all crappy build are a give away.
Posted By: JR Re: SS Stichdegen / honor price with etching?????? - 08/20/2013 02:56 AM
A company well known for producing all kinds of post war blades and fancy edged weapons.
thanks for your comments. I will pass on it.
A known repro mark
Old days repro
© Your new forums