UBB.threads
Posted By: zoza New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/01/2012 03:26 PM
Hello Friends,
First of all I wish you a Happy New Year!!
I was searching the net as usual in the search for some new stuff:-)

I found this SS dagger..
Guess they are trying anything just to fool the poor collector.
Best

EMIL

Attached picture 10608978_1_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_2_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_3_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_4_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_5_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_6_l.jpg
Attached picture 10608978_7_l.jpg
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/02/2012 01:26 AM
Wow is that UGLY!!!
hi Zoza...where did you find this "beauty"?...I am sure all of us would like to know
Posted By: zoza Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/02/2012 04:00 PM
Hey guys ,

This one was on liveauctioneers...
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/02/2012 04:29 PM
I agree with Johnny V.
That is one ugly dagger!!!

Rich
Posted By: Fitzer Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/02/2012 06:54 PM
That's a real stinker
Posted By: Dave Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/03/2012 01:12 AM
Years ago, our SA Dagger Moderator coined the term "Chimp with a chisel" laugh

This is one
Originally Posted By: zoza
Hello Friends,

I was searching the net as usual in the search for some new stuff:-)

....edit.....

EMIL

A dangerous place to look for some 'new stuff'. We all love to find the untouched original 'sleepers' but reality is another world.

Seems nobody wants to buy good books anymore. No wonder the usual authors are hesitant about publishing further excellent reference books when so many newer collectors would rather post on a forum the unusual pieces they come across on the web and ask: 'What do you guys think?'
It's a problem on all the forums now, cluttering thread after thread with pure junk like this SS dagger that is not even close to being believable.
If your into daggers I would suggest to buy Tom Wittmann's four books, and if you can find a old copy, Reproduction? Recognition! by Frederick Stephens.

Please don't take this as directed to you personally, it's not, but to all who just want to start threads asking the same question on one real bad fake after another-time and again.
If your looking to buy a SS dagger valued at $2,000+ it seems that spending first $175. on the best book on the topic would be a great start. The knowledge you would attain reading that book will pay for itself many times over.

It's JMO, and although it may not sound like it -just trying to help.

Best of the Study,
-Serge-
Posted By: JohnZ Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/03/2012 05:03 AM
Serge:

Two thumbs up!

You are so correct.

John
Posted By: Larry C Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/03/2012 03:16 PM
Sadly as time goes by Books are beginning to disappear and being replaced with Computers and Kindles. I know for sure when the electric goes out,, while waiting for the power to go back on,, a non electrical powered reference book will always pass the time. Reference books are and always will be a great source of information.
Posted By: jeff Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/04/2012 09:41 AM
Are we sure it's a fake ? maybe the engraver was having a stroke at the time.
Posted By: seany Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/04/2012 02:55 PM
Lol
Well said Serge .
Posted By: Dave Re: New Year = New Fake Bad t�ltz dagger - 01/08/2012 04:50 PM
True, Serge.

The Internet is no substitute for the books and handling daggers in person. If you can't make it to shows, try to find a local collector who will show you the real thing.

Dave
© Your new forums