UBB.threads
Posted By: Pitbull63 SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 01:00 AM
Hello
I'm still doing research on a SS dagger I'm interested in buying but not finding a lot of info. The SS dagger in question is a transitional 1053/38 P.D. Luneschloss. I can't seem to find any on the net anywhere. This has the Luneschloss makers mark then under that is the RZM mark, under that is the 1053/38 and under that is the SS runes by the cross guard. I'm finding the SS daggers that look just like this one but no of them have the P.D.Luneschloss makers mark. Sorry for the poor quality picture. I'm looking in my Witmann book but no luck yet. Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Rich

Posted By: zoza Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 11:46 AM
I belive that 1053/38 was made by WKC
Can you please post some better pictures

Attached picture IMAG0018.jpg
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 03:47 PM
This is the only picture I have at this time. Everything I've read said that 1053/38 were WKC and PD Luneschloss.
Thanks Rich
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 07:31 PM
I don't like both TM,PDL and 1053,on one blade!

Here is also a PDL Trademark taken from a fake ss dagger.

Attached picture PDL. Logo.JPG
Posted By: LH 600 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 09:06 PM
Rick.

Only that pics ?

Dont buy it.
I really dont like that dagger you post a bad pics of.

Stay clear is my advice.

LH
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/03/2011 10:11 PM

Thanks a lot guys, did a little more research and found another one with the same maker mark and RZM mark and it turns out it is a fake. I knew I could count on the knowledge from you guys on this forum, you saved me some money.

Thank you again
Rich
Posted By: placentinha Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/06/2011 11:49 AM
The dagger first pictured in this thread has an original RZM and P.D.Lüneschloss mark that is correspondent to the time period.I have a dagger that shows the same markings that I brought from Germany in the late eighties that belonged to a cousin of my grandmother.It came directly from the family and I did not pay a penny for it.The cross graining in its blade is still superb.
Posted By: zoza Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/06/2011 12:06 PM
Please show some pictures of it..

Cheers
Posted By: signalman Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/06/2011 05:39 PM
Placentinha can you show some detailed photos of your dagger ??
1053/38 is a contract #, not a maker mark. It is very well possible that more than one maker participated in making daggers for this contract. I think we need more information before judging.
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/06/2011 10:15 PM
D...
the PDL pic i've shown above is wrong!

Here is the right fake laugh
sorry guys,

Admin,please remove my first picture

Paul,
have you ever seen a real PDL-TM,like the one below?
i've seen only the M 7/ 14 TM for PDL

Gerd

Attached picture PDL Logo ss.jpg
Posted By: placentinha Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 10/07/2011 11:11 AM
Hello:Of course I can post some pictures.I just ask you for some patience since I must ask my son or someone else to take detailed pictures and post them.I am a lousy photographer and bad pictures will be of no value.I will try to manage this in a brief period of time.Regards.
Posted By: dutchdrummer Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 11/03/2011 11:53 PM
I've just been offered a dagger with exactly the same mark. It belongs to the son of a WW2 vet. Will post pics very soon...
Posted By: dutchdrummer Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 11/04/2011 12:04 AM
check it...

Attached picture ss1.JPG
Attached picture ss2.JPG
Attached picture ss3.JPG
Posted By: jeff Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 11/04/2011 10:46 AM
see, wait a bit and another one pops up. rare , yes ; unheard of = NO.
thank you "dutchdrummer" for the photos.
and if you buy it please ,more photos for this forum.
jeff
Posted By: wes_143 Re: SS Dagger help needed P.D. Luneschloss - 11/24/2011 09:38 PM
Interesting thread you started here, but it has left me confused some what as to what a real one should look like?, There is one on ebay, but again it is a little different then the ones shown here, and none are shown with the P.D. Luneschloss logo in reference library , there is no SS under the code and date. here's a picture from ebay

Attached picture 524656727_o.jpg
Hi Dutchdrummer and others!

I am picking up on a REALLY old thread here and the reason is that I am very interested in the transitional P.D. Lüneschloss SS-dagger dealt with in the thread. Must be an extremely rare dagger and if someone who is an owner of such a dagger would care to post some pictures of it here or PM me if they don't want to share them here on the forum, I would appreciate very much. Also, I am not here to judge, but to learn, and I find this particular model very interesting.

All the best to all collectors out there!

Martin in Sweden
© Your new forums