UBB.threads
Posted By: JR The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 12:36 AM

I've always heard about these, but have never owned an example like this in over 30 years of collecting. All untouched early Krebs........... with portapee.............. with an original felt storage bag........... & with the bullion hanger. The entire degen has all nickel fittings, and I mean all nickel. To include the top and bottom scabbard fittings that I knew existed on the very 1st M36 degens, but have never seen nor ever owned an example of. A neat piece of 3rd Reich edged weapon history, in this earliest M36 SS Officer's Degen.

Attached picture Degen8.JPG
Attached picture Degen10.JPG
Attached picture Degen9.JPG
Attached picture Degen6.JPG
Posted By: rieny Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 12:58 AM
WOW!!! I love it!
Posted By: Larry C Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 01:00 AM
Thats a sweetheart!! the patina itself tells a very large story in history. "beautiful" Larry
Posted By: lloyd Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 03:28 AM

Holy Moly.......WOW!
Just awesome! A beautiful piece that exhibits all the features I, and I'm sure many of you, love to see. That krebs mark is quite different from the ones I always see on SS swords....the common plated ones lol
Posted By: Addyfie Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 11:58 AM
Simply stunning as usual JR congratulations on a super find!!!!
Posted By: JR Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 11:32 PM
Appreciate the kinds words and thank you. JR
Posted By: Erich Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/02/2011 11:51 PM
FANTASTIC JR!
Posted By: Baz69 Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/05/2011 06:55 PM
I don't go too much on the dark stuff but for that piece I'd make an exception, a beautiful edged weapon that I would love to own.

Gary
Posted By: E Rader Re: The way you like to find them............. - 02/13/2011 09:07 PM
Love the patina!
Gorggggeeeeoooous Degen JR! I have a police officer Krebs that could be its twin scans knot, bag, and hanger. That one of yours certainly went PRESENT ARMS at a bunch of historical Nazi extravaganzas!!! Typical professional photos as well; could we see a blade out full length shot?
Thanks
JRB
Gold GDC badge #0238
© Your new forums