UBB.threads
Hi,

I think, it is Eickhorn or Pack, Adam is 99% sure it is Eickhorn, what do you think?

Any chance to find the owner to this dagger? Unfortunately he is not listed in Dienstaltersliste.

Thanks for help.

Attached picture P1240145.JPG
Attached picture P1240148.JPG
Attached picture P1240150.JPG
Attached picture P1240151.JPG
Attached picture P1240152.JPG

Attached picture P1240153.JPG
Attached picture P1240154.JPG
Attached picture P1240159.JPG
Attached picture P1240160.JPG
Attached picture P1240161.JPG
I am unable to identify SS Mann No. 13 941 at this time.

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
I will bet, it is Eickhorn. Look at lower crossguard on some Pack's SS, looks different.

Lukas.
The motto etch is Eickhorn, not Pack.
thanks for bringing that out!
It's Eickhorn, I'm 99% sure about that. To be 100% sure I need to know crossguards caster markings and eventually the tang marking. Anyway, the grip shape, runic button and motto look very "eickhorn".
The distance from the lower CG to the end of the motto says Eickhorn to me.

Dave
hi mate, i'm the new (proudly) owner of this dagger.
Just for information (i collect only SS cloth insigna,tunics and headgear), what i can reply to collectors judge this dagger not original cause:
"motto is not centered"
"motto is in lower position"
"cross guard is not of early examples"

I know... where i posted (WAF) there isn't your knowledge... but in this place an item could be burn in 5 minutes by "experts".
Looking at the grip i thought Hammesfahr. But I agree Eickhorn..
Originally Posted By: germandaggerman
Hi,

I think, it is Eickhorn or Pack, Adam is 99% sure it is Eickhorn, what do you think?
Thanks for help.

The guys are right,it's Eickhorn.This dagger comes out of a german source wink

Gerd
for my its a Eickhorn - ex Röhm Dagger!
greeting trussa
If its an Eickhorn, it would have an assembler's number on the bottom of the lower crossguard as its a Rohm Honor Dagger. If not there, then I will bet on Pack.
Check the casters marking inside the crossguards then.
Do you suggest to open? There are risk i must know... Sorry but i'm totslly new in the dagger fields
hi mauro...another italian here...:-)) i cannot help you cause i m a beginner toobut here there the top of knowledge and passion...compliments for your dagger:)
Thank you Luca... i'm an SS cloth collector... but i find really interesting this forum and i started to love daggers.

Here a (bad) picture of small cross guard.
I can't read... it seam a D,a little M than a W

who could explain something about it to me?
[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/dscn9337.jpg/[/img] try..

after cleaning the letter is V present also on the larger cross guard
tang present a sort of circle with an A inside and number 17
blades and crossgards were bought by the dagger producer from spezialized metal working companys. These companies added their maker mark inside the crossgard or at the tang of the blade. "A 17" is a well known mark on period tangs.
Mauro,
does it shows any number between 0 and 9 on the lower crossguard?
Grip shape and motto style = Eickhorm IMO also .
Guys, can't you see the A-R letters??? It's an EICKHORN, nothing else, period.
less interesting to the most... but here the black corner completed.
Wow! That is an awesome display. Very nice. Congratulations!

Ed
really imporessive...:))
I just fainted...looked at the monitor and fain.....
Originally Posted By: Mauro
less interesting to the most... but here the black corner completed

Less interesting? Ha ha, be sure it's very interesting and for the most of the people here smile
Love the early Schirmmütze.
Good eye 777... This is a very early schirmmuetze with leather visor made by pekuro on the end of 1933 or 1934. the name of company is omissed as reichsduehrer order and rmz rules but font style ans stirndruckfrei patent are a trademark unquestionable. The remocing of company name was suggest by rzm many time but a lot if company disn't fillow the direcrive untill RF order and visors appear with usually ss cirxled runes. Ar rhe end of 1934. The bisor have usually oramge liner but it's really onterwsrig the insignas pins were covered by lining pieces to give more comfort. Wire stiffnwr was period removed to give a combat look to emphatize that owner use a thread above thw eaglw wings to give a more combat shape than fold wings. Insidw cardboard is broken on both rivets i think SS remove it to complet thw ceusher style and put into again qftwr ans broken carboard. If you want i can add pictures... As you can understand this is my field!
© Your new forums