UBB.threads
Posted By: Dave Help with a tag - 08/10/2010 06:23 PM
I would like to ID this EP&S tag, please, and get an idea of its value. A friend gave it to me.

The tag is paper inset in a metal holder. On the back is stamped "D.R.P"

Anyone ??

Attached picture Tag 3.jpg
Attached picture tag 1.jpg
Attached picture Tag 2.jpg
Posted By: A J Re: Help with a tag - 08/10/2010 06:26 PM
DRP will be Deutsche Reichs Post as stamped on post office protection daggers
As to value believe Coghammer is a keen collector of tags
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Help with a tag - 08/10/2010 10:38 PM
Yea AJ, you are right and in this case DRP I believe means Patent pending, or Patent Protected or something similar. You see this sometimes on bayo frogs and other items
I believe what we have here is an original Pack dagger tag. DD Harris likely could tell you in a second what it is.
Posted By: rieny Re: Help with a tag - 08/10/2010 11:18 PM
D.R.P means Deutsches Reichs Patent and is a sign for a patented item. It has nothing to do with the "Reichspost"
Posted By: Dave Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 01:41 AM
Thanks. Any clues about what type of dagger this was used with?

Can I put on my EP&S SS dagger laugh laugh
Posted By: LH 600 Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By: rieny
D.R.P means Deutsches Reichs Patent and is a sign for a patented item. It has nothing to do with the "Reichspost"

You are so Right wink
Posted By: cog-hammer Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 04:20 AM
Dave, some info you may find of use or not.

http://www.militaryedgedweapons.com/germandaggerhangtaggallery2.htm

Bret Van Sant
Posted By: cog-hammer Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 04:29 AM
also to add....I have done a few updates but only have included the new un seen to date Alcoso type 4 variant "mini" thats on page 1. work and the tax man have had their way with me for the 1st part of the year so little time for the fun stuff. Dave on price as they say what the market will provide smile I think my ball park quoted is close Last single tag I watched sell was Galien's that was 5 plus years ago.
Hell for free you did great!!
Bret
Posted By: Krullies Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 11:12 AM
Originally Posted By: LH 600

You are so Right wink

Hi all,

So, OK, just curious? If DRP means Deutsches Reich Patent, then, why was there a DRGM too? This stands for "Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster" (German Reich Registered Design). I read somewhere that DRGM only protects a model, is quicker, faster + cheaper then a patent? They both say Deutsches Reich, so, no private parties involved? Both claim intellectual property, no?

Wondering,
Karin-Renate
Posted By: wolfslair Re: Help with a tag - 08/11/2010 12:25 PM
Hi Dave,
Try emailing Mr Wittmann. If I've got a concern with TR edged weapons, Wittmann graciously gives advise.
Regards,
Wolfslair.
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: Help with a tag - 08/13/2010 11:52 PM
@ Krullies,

here is what i know so far.

The DRP was founded in 1877.

DRGM 1891-1945
At the 01.Oktober 1891 the D.R.G.M.was founded by the Imperial Patent Office,in Berlin.
This concerns a patent protection for 10 Years.

Gerd
Posted By: Krullies Re: Help with a tag - 08/14/2010 12:41 AM
Originally Posted By: kreta1961
@ Krullies,

here is what i know so far...

Hi Gerd,

Thanx for that info! I was also thinking, possibly silly, that there maybe something like usage permission for a fee attached to DRGM, as no permission for others at all for DRP? Im not sure if Im correct on that DRP thing, but Sportabzeichen have DRGM marks, and are made by more then 1 maker. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate
Posted By: rieny Re: Help with a tag - 08/14/2010 03:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Krullies
Originally Posted By: LH 600

You are so Right wink

Hi all,

So, OK, just curious? If DRP means Deutsches Reich Patent, then, why was there a DRGM too? This stands for "Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster" (German Reich Registered Design). I read somewhere that DRGM only protects a model, is quicker, faster + cheaper then a patent? They both say Deutsches Reich, so, no private parties involved? Both claim intellectual property, no?

Wondering,
Karin-Renate

Hi, D.R.P and D.R.G.M are two different things, here please take a look:

http://www.historytoy.com/DRGM_DRP/drgm_drp.html

You are right, the DRGM was only protecting something and was cheaper and easyier to get it.

DRP was also the short version of "Deutsche Reichspost" but it has nothing zo do with this tag here.

Greetings Rieny
Posted By: A J Re: Help with a tag - 08/14/2010 09:22 AM
Disagree think it is a Pack tag for a Postal Protection Dagger why would Pack patent protect a tag can tag collectors confirm other patented tags?
Posted By: rieny Re: Help with a tag - 08/14/2010 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: A J
Disagree think it is a Pack tag for a Postal Protection Dagger why would Pack patent protect a tag can tag collectors confirm other patented tags?

Why they should stamp a tag on the backside with D.R.P. if its not a patented design????
If it really used for Postal Protection daggers it was surely shown on the frontside. Why they should produce tags just for only one dagger? This tags was used for all daggers and the design for the tag was protected by a patent, thats the only logical way i see....
Posted By: A J Re: Help with a tag - 08/14/2010 05:56 PM
Fair enough I was only attemping to stimulate some debate and get the tag collectors involved
© Your new forums