UBB.threads
Posted By: Skyline Drive Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 03:53 PM
Did anyone else notice that over $40,000 of SS and SA daggers were recently marked "on hold" on the Ruptured Duck and have now disappeared from the website? Two expensive SS chained; a type I and a type II, and a full Roehm SS. Also a tagged and bagged RZM SA. Same buyer? Russian or European perhaps?
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 04:11 PM
Actually way more than that. I noticed in a short period of time all types disappeared quite rapiidly! It is definitely going to the european areas.I noticed this with the sales at the SOS.
Posted By: Flugzeug Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 04:26 PM
Just take a look at Paul at the Lakeside Trader, the same person bought most his SA collection.
Posted By: E Rader Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 04:35 PM
Hold on to your hats and pocketbooks folks, If this is true, then we will be having SOS shows in Russia!
Posted By: bushido Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 04:54 PM
Very interesting . . . I've noticed all of the SA's on Paul's site, save for six, have been on hold for some time now, but Bill's sudden drop in SA inventory has only just occurred. He had a very large selection of SA's on his site less than a month ago and now he's only got two! I can't recall ever seeing such a sudden, large scale movement of items on Bill's site in all the time I've been surfing it! I know at least one of those SA's didn't go the Europeans though! Big Grin
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 05:01 PM
They are all going to the same guy here in Sweden !! Eek
GDC member "Nakida" has contact with him
and his buying up SA�s & SS�s like crazy !

Hakan
Posted By: Joe S Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 05:04 PM
Hate to be paronoid. But do you thinks these guys are collectors and dealers or they taking them back for use has templates to make good repros in the future?

Thanks Joe Semen
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 05:21 PM
It�s the same guy buying from Paul and Bill
and he is what I heard from Nakida a collector with a big wallet !!
Hakan
Posted By: Carinhall Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 05:42 PM
Money, money, money...

The Swedish kronor (crowns) is valued at 7 kronor per 1 US dollar. This exchange rate is relatively "cheap" for a Swedish collector to buy daggers at American prices. The US dollar, although a steady currency, is being devalued against other world currencies. Perhaps in a few years the cycle will reverse itself. In the meantime, daggers are increasingly being bought by non-Americans.

Good or bad? Depends on which side of the pond you're on!

Regards,
Dane
Posted By: JR Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 05:48 PM
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I wonder who??????????? Big Grin
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:04 PM
JR are you sure you dont have a twin brother living in Sweden Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Got the dagger stands the other day, thanks for the help !!
Best, Hakan
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:15 PM
Joe, you may be on to something there. The Chinese did there little stunt buying up all the Japanese nco swords a few years back and look at all the fakes on Ebay as a result. Notice where there from.
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:16 PM
Sorry, I meant ***.
Posted By: E Rader Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:17 PM
There is a rumor going around that JR just hit the mega millions and is trying to corner the market on SA & SS daggers. Big Grin

Oh I started that rumor......... Confused

I have also noticed that most of your big dealers no longer discount the often. All say this stuff is getting harder to obtain.

Fact still remains that the good stuff is getting harder to find, now since you have Russians, and Euros collection we will see the field of nice items shrink up. Oh well I am young and can wait.
Posted By: patrice Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hakan81:
It�s the same guy buying from Paul and Bill
and he is what I heard from Nakida a collector with a big wallet !!
Hakan

And his initials are "TJH" ! Wink
Go, go, go Sweden ! Big Grin

Attached picture Nationaldagen_flagga.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:32 PM
ED,
Don,t wish to appear thick but what do the asterisks mean.They have also been on other threads but why I know not.
Regards JOHN
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:46 PM
Hi John,

I meant *** in the first post and asteriks came up instead.
Posted By: Trigger Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:46 PM
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Good thing they are coming to scandinavia... Wink

Cheers,
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 06:48 PM
Did it again. I DO NOT like CENSORSHIP. Is this the religious channel.
Posted By: Nakida Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 07:12 PM
I�m not much for making comments about my fellow collectors, but to stop future rumours I will state that this guy is a serious fellow collector for sure and a very nice person indeed.
I guess he also has a collection that anyone should be proud to own. Wink

Nice flag Patrice, it looks familiar. Big Grin

Sam,
Posted By: mike peters Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 08:20 PM
It's not the Gent who owns IKEA is it ?? Big Grin
Posted By: mike peters Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 08:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by edsunday:
Did it again. I DO NOT like CENSORSHIP. Is this the religious channel.

Ed ..next time try this -- "PAJ"
..amen Wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 08:53 PM
Bloody Hell.It get,s more bizarre by the minute.
Regards JOHN
Posted By: tobau Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/07/2007 09:57 PM
Hello Gent's
not all goes to the russians !
This cames in my empire :http://www.johnsonreferencebooks.com/cataloguemain.html
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 06:57 AM
Well Well! I tried to tell you guys years ago that the stream of items going to Europe was increasing. Many of the members laughed at me and said I was just saying that to increase prices and business.
Now what do you doubters have to say??
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
PS: Shipped 4 daggers to Europe this week.
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 07:27 AM
I have been in Russia. There is sooo much U.S. CASH going around that it would make your head spin. Here in the good old U.S. of A. we put out plastic. In Russia, they pay in cash dollars. But now they prefer Euros! Eek
Better wake up guys, the "world" is passing us up. If they are buying up at "Duck" prices, then what is next? Razz
-wagner-
Posted By: sdp Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 10:23 AM
What is $40,000.00 worth of daggers when you're talking SS daggers, including the chained models? What is that, about 10 daggers? What is the big deal here guys? There's plenty of "senior" people/collectors out there with this kind of money.

So what if the daggers are being sold into Europe? America is not the only place that has money.

I feel like I'm in a time warp when I read some of the posts...

quote:
Better wake up guys, the "world" is passing us up.
-wagner-

Does seem to be the case for some.
Posted By: Trigger Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 10:38 AM
SDP, Well said.
There are collectors all over the world with money to spend.

Cheers,
Posted By: Flugzeug Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 11:07 AM
We live in an international community now that the internet has connected all parts of the world. Many of our members are from areas outside the US, with passions for collecting with no equal. All of the dealers, GDC, and many others have made this a very small world. If by our advertising, we have turned on a collector over in Europe or Russia to the love of edged weapons, I thought it was our mission to increase the interest in this hobby.
Posted By: sdp Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 11:36 AM
What? You think that we have made people in Europe to start to collect, did I read that correctly? I thought we were here to share knowledge and trade, not to increase interest through advertising?
Posted By: jim arrasmith Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 12:31 PM
IF A PERSON GETS THE BLACK SS DAGGER BUG,THEY DON'T HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH TO FEEL THE SAME PASSION.
Posted By: patrice Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 01:01 PM
Thanks to the internet, our world has become even smaller.
One need only to go to the Kassel or Stuttgart militaria show in Germany, to realise that Europeans have nothing to be envious about. Razz
All of the big US dealer's names are there, whether it be Johnson, Craig, Jason, Brian and many others.
The main market is still the US but Europe is catching up very rapidly.
In any case, everyone is benefitting from this as our hobby is becoming even more popular and less taboo. Wink
Europeans are just as passionate about it as our American counterparts.
Canadians are keeping a low profile (as usual but I may just be the exception ) Big Grin but we're also getting our fair share of the market.
Some of the nicest and rarest blades that I know of are now residing in the Great White North. Cool

Attached picture 12.jpg
Posted By: IKEAGUY Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 03:24 PM
Hi Folks.

I am the guy who has bought the daggers you are talking about. (I like daggers.)
Now i am looking for a Tiger Tank, so I can cast myself a fat reproduction.
Best regards.
Posted By: 777 Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 03:31 PM
Exactly, the internet. I'm not new to the hobby, but I'm quite new to the forum and I didn't use to check the dealers' websites before. Now I'm regularly on GDC, WA, and checking the dealers. Result: my collection has grown rapidly, including 2 M36, only this year Cool
But I don't think that the Americans have something to worry about, there is still lot of people selling to "U.S. only" Wink
Posted By: sdp Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 04:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IKEAGUY:
Hi Folks.

I am the guy who has bought the daggers you are talking about. (I like daggers.)
Now i am looking for a Tiger Tank, so I can cast myself a fat reproduction.
Best regards.

Big Grin Big Grin

Have we got a tank section... Wink
Posted By: Dave Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 10:22 PM
We can have any collecting section you guys will support.

Anyone want to try tanks ? I can set it up. If does not fly, we can shift the posts to the history forum.

DONT answer here. I will pose the question in the Community Center.

Dave
Posted By: Brave Wolf Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/09/2007 10:38 PM
Hey IKEAGUY ! Let me know when them tank repros are ready. I want one! They are legal on Norwegian roads Big Grin BTW , what a superb date to register!!! The day of the german invasion of Norway. Big Grin Cool

Ulf, surrounded by IKEA funiture
Posted By: Skyline Drive Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/11/2007 06:31 PM
Looks like IKEAGUY snagged Bill's last two chained dags on his website. Let's see a group photo when you get them all. Smile
Posted By: Seiler Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/13/2007 11:34 AM
I have a very good friend who IS selling "Shed Loads" of SS?SA,s to Scandinavia where the Russians bank a lot of their cash.Also Vienna for same reason.Transactions are complicated/cash for tax flow reasons but,regularly twenty to thirty at a time.!!!!Been doing this for months!!Whatever the routing,always ending up in Russia.
SeilerConfused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/13/2007 12:42 PM
Ikeaguy, you should contact Houston Coates if you want some great stuff. Bob Waites bought all (everything) that Houston had one day...that was the beginning of Bob's huge collection.

Houston has a bunch of SA and SS daggers along with bayonets of all sorts. I saw it at the Tennessee Military Collectors Show last weekend down here.

Mark Cool
Posted By: Oleg1 Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/13/2007 05:02 PM
Not sure about Scandinavia, but Russians are buying everything now. Cash is really cheap in Russia now.
Ikeaguy, if you want a real Tiger, you can buy in in Russia. But will not be cheap. In Belorussia they found one. I have heard.
Posted By: Felix Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/13/2007 07:16 PM
Really interesting to know that daggers are going to my home country! I know of one quite wealthy dagger collector. I will try to ask around and try to find who is the collector. In Sweden today there are not so many really serious collectors per capita as lets say in US or UK. Just my opinion. A lot of guys here still believe militaria is something you buy for peanut money at a surplus store.

I have seen East Europeans buying stuff with fat bunches of Euro bills here in Scandinavia.

Oleg;
Know anything more about that Tiger in Belarus? Im off to Belarus in May!

Cheers and Nastarovje,
Felix
Posted By: JME Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/16/2007 02:47 AM
I was at the Stuttgart show last year and this year and have something to compare. At this years show I heard a lot more Russian spoken than last year! A very noticeable increase compared to last year. Growing up in Germany having Russian at Militaria shows was unheard off. Times are changing. JME
Posted By: SAdagger Re: Bill Shea's big sale - 04/30/2007 11:59 AM
Its spring time clearance sale on his site!!!
© Your new forums