UBB.threads
Posted By: Anonymous Allach bird - 09/01/2007 09:30 PM
This is a very interesting piece, one of my personal favorites.

Mark

Attached picture DSCN0626_(Medium).JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Allach bird - 09/01/2007 09:31 PM
another angle

Attached picture DSCN0627_(Medium).JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Allach bird - 09/01/2007 09:32 PM
It's all in the small detail!

Mark Cool

Attached picture DSCN0631_(Medium).JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Allach bird - 09/01/2007 09:33 PM
Last...Allach mark and artist name.

Like it?

Mark

Attached picture DSCN0630_(Medium).JPG
Posted By: Erich Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 12:14 AM
Great detail. If you don't buy it you may not find it again. You have quite the collection going!
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 11:38 AM
One of my favourites as well. I saw one for sale on a recent trip to Munich but wasn't convinced I'd get it home safely (or that I had somewhere suitable to display it).....

A truely lovely piece Mark Cool

Cheers
Don
Posted By: WWII Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 12:17 PM
Mark,

A great Amsel, or Blackbird, by A. Röhring. This old boy seems to be taking a last "quick look-round," before having a bite or two of those strawberries ... and since Adolf wasn't quite as prolific as some of the other staff, his work is even harder and more difficult to find!

These animals are first class all the way. I'll have to show you my latest bug ... Smile

Best!

Bill
Posted By: Grip Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 02:58 PM
Mark,
A lovely piece of Allach,so much movement and grace captured in the finest porcelain,stunning.
Regards,Ivan.
Posted By: kris simoens Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 04:59 PM
Nice bird Mark. I bet you didn't sleep that well untill you had it unpacked safe and sound.

Kris.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Allach bird - 09/02/2007 05:48 PM
There were two of these at the 2005 SOS show in Louisville. This one was priced $400 less than the other one UNTIL Tom Johnson's sold for that much more. I had to pony up or walk. I am glad I just got it over with and bought it.

I carried it in my car back home to Tennessee. The shipping of some of these pieces will make you very nervous. There are just not that many around.

Mark Wink
Posted By: Grip Re: Allach bird - 09/04/2007 12:27 PM
Mark,
Nervous is not the word!! I know how I felt when my Rearing Horse was being shipped from the States,mind you Jim had it so well packed that it did arrive safe and well,I am a Father and it was as bad as waitng for that day your child is born.Had the piece been damaged then I would have been distraught,not because of the money lost,but because of the rarity of the piece and its loss to history,it remains a pleasure to the eye.
Ivan.
© Your new forums