UBB.threads
Posted By: Jerry B NSDAP flag, spear-point w/tassels - 08/19/2022 01:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any input. I can't find shapes like this online.
20" across and 40" tall with tassel. Podium banner? Also has faded inked numbers on 2 corners, '293'.
2 sided with some kind of re-stitch around a sloppy disk edge sewing job. Old fold lines and storage signs.

Attached picture gfl1.png
Attached picture gfl2.png
Posted By: Gaspare Re: NSDAP flag, spear-point w/tassels - 08/19/2022 02:24 AM
- I have seen the shape before..

Post a photo of the 're-stitch around a sloppy disk edge'.. And do you have a UV light? Ultraviolet light.. IF you do you can do a quick test to the white of the disc....

- How does it hang from the top? ,,is there a rope, loops , or is it 'sleeved' meaning you can slide a pole thru it for hanging.. If nothing is it stitched at top edge?
Posted By: Jerry B Re: NSDAP flag, spear-point w/tassels - 08/19/2022 03:51 AM
What I thought was a re-stitch looks like it was a black 'dashed line' guide for sewing the disc in place. It looked like different thread. The upper portion has a simple folded over sewn hem, no rod sleaves or pole ties. I need to find my blacklight, but it sure looks vintage.
Trying to post an image.
Posted By: Jerry B Re: NSDAP flag, spear-point w/tassels - 08/19/2022 01:25 PM
Close-up of dashed lines I mistook for sloppy sewing.

Attached picture gfl4b.png
Posted By: Gaspare Re: NSDAP flag, spear-point w/tassels - 08/19/2022 02:28 PM
I would say where the blue was looks like the original stich,,,and the yellow a repair or [?]... - They usually have some way of hanging so thats a bit strange....

I guess IF the white doesn't glow like crazy it could be a authentic piece.. It is a nice size for display....

Attached picture gfl4b.png
© Your new forums