UBB.threads
Posted By: Dutchman SS I.D. book. - 05/02/2018 06:55 PM
Hello,I'm new to this forum.I would like some input on the SS I.D booklet.ALL INFO welcome.Thanks,Dutchman.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/02/2018 08:51 PM
Oh my,,, that is a fantasy piece I?m afraid. Not good.
Posted By: Dutchman Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/02/2018 10:23 PM
Hello,Can you give me more info. on how to tell in the future if the I.D. books are good and what sets off a red flag? Thanks again Dutchman.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/02/2018 10:45 PM
I hope this does not sound rude, but almost everything on this is a red flag. The entire front cover is just loaded with everything except a pirate flag, along with the continued train wreck on the inside. Original soldbucher and wehrpass are much more basic. A google search will give you a general idea. Militariarelics.com and kurland docs.com have some nice originals along with the WAF estand, and any pinned thread on the paper items forum on Wehrmacht awards is helpful. They were minimalist, an SS runes and the word soldbuch or an eagle and wehrpass or soldbuch could easily reveal an ss man?s identity papers even if it at once was stamped for the police or army, or even a civilian, as the war went on. The picture, if there is one, is usually on the left side inside cover, not the right, and the rest of this just looks like a bunch of silliness that is almost more like an ausweiss but a ridiculous one than any pass or book. It?s completely made up.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/03/2018 03:17 AM
Mikes completely correct. Total fantasy.. To say its overdone just isn't enough..

A soldier carried his papers. They were called a Soldbuch. He had it on him at all times. Not very fancy thing... Some had photos,,all had his personal description and his units posted to, dog tag number, , what he was issued and his awards.

The Wehpass basically had the same info but was kept at the 'office' so to say. Again, not a fancy looking thing. Eagles on them and thats about it..

Do some searches and you'll see some real ones.. IF your interested in paper / IDs etc. there's a great book called 'Papers Please',,I recommend it strongly...
Posted By: Dutchman Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/04/2018 12:58 PM
OK,Great.Thanks for all your input.I sent the ID pass back to the seller.I had my doubts.And you all confermed it.Thanks again Dutchman.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: SS I.D. book. - 05/16/2018 08:16 AM
Hopefully you did not invest too much there..as always, spend the money on reference books or invest your time searching on the net..when you look back, it will be money/time well spent! These bogus documents are a tire fire writ large. You?ll laugh when you see what real ones look like..
© Your new forums