UBB.threads
Posted By: BAMA Railway eagle - 10/06/2015 06:11 PM
Railway eagle...good or bad? Thanks!

Attached picture eag1.jpg
Attached picture eag2.jpg
Attached picture eag3.jpg
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: Railway eagle - 10/06/2015 08:03 PM
I stay away from these items due to all the fakes out their.
Posted By: ajax Re: Railway eagle - 10/07/2015 01:34 AM
Bad
Posted By: BAMA Re: Railway eagle - 10/07/2015 01:14 PM
Thank y'all. Ajax, can you please give more detail?
Posted By: ajax Re: Railway eagle - 10/07/2015 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: BAMA
Thank y'all. Ajax, can you please give more detail?

Its just a well known fake and easy to pick off. Originals are out there so take some time to surf the forums and you will learn quite a bit on these fairly quick.
Posted By: BAMA Re: Railway eagle - 10/07/2015 06:29 PM
Thanks again, I have been trying my best to find out more about this eagle for a friend of mine. It is very confusing to say the least. Some things I’ve found are the casting marks that look like stiches appear on the left side on good ones and on the right on bad. Sometimes the company name is above the code but sometimes not on bad ones. The big thing I've noticed on this eagle was there were no mounting studs. The guy justified this by saying it probably was a unfinished example from a factory but one would think they would cast them with the eagle.
Posted By: kingtiger Re: Railway eagle - 10/13/2015 06:03 AM
The Wehog name is a post war reproduction. I bought one from Roy Carrol a few years back for $400.00 only because it looked good in my display area and I have several other real ones shown in J.R. Meda's book on RR eagles.

Mark
Posted By: BAMA Re: Railway eagle - 10/13/2015 06:35 PM
Mark, are you saying that all Wehog marked eagles are bad? Thanks
Posted By: kingtiger Re: Railway eagle - 10/15/2015 06:23 AM
I have several RR eagles, but it has been a long while since I studied on them and I would defer to J.R. on whether they were all bad. I cannot readily locate his book which I contributed to some years ago. My interests are mainly in SA daggers and Allach porcelain. I am sorry I could not give you a definitive answer. I am sure J. R can.

Mark
Posted By: BAMA Re: Railway eagle - 10/16/2015 02:32 PM
Thank Y'all!
© Your new forums