Posted By: SADolch 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/21/2010 01:22 AM
Comments and Value accepted.....Thanks....Dave H

Attached picture 09.jpg
Attached picture 010.jpg
Attached picture 011.jpg
Attached picture 012.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/21/2010 09:23 AM
Dave,

Very nice unusual piece, have never seen one like it before.
I know the name 'Polar,' but I'm not sure if they are connected in any way to the present day firm of 'Polar-Mohr,'
that makes large, computerized/programable paper-cutters for the printing trade?

A fair value is anyone's guess since these don't grow on trees. For someone who specializes in '36 Olympics collectibles, I'd think $350 would be fair, maybe more? It's a heck of a lot more rare than an EKI, no?

Great find.

Best!

Bill
Posted By: SADolch Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/21/2010 09:26 PM
Bill,
Thanks for your response,hope there is someone out there that collects Olympic items.
Dave H
Posted By: Luko Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/22/2010 04:47 PM
Hello, very nice item. I have never seen such thing like this. But regarding price is very difficulty to say ''how much''. It depends on many things. You mentioned EK 1, problem is imo, EK 1 is for sure common, but almost all collectors want to have at least one. Your item (honestly I don't know what it is - looks like some kind of ice-skate) is definately rare, but how many people want to have it? For sure much less, than EK I. You must have luck to sell it for mentioned 350$. That's my opinion. Rarity isn't only one thing, which define the price (why are SS daggers to expensive, when they are not rare? etc.). Hope you see my point of view.

Bye, Lukas.
Posted By: WWII Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/22/2010 11:03 PM
Hi Lukas,

Yes, quite possibly too much for such an unknown item, especially during these global economic difficulties. But then again when dealing with such an unusual item, who's to say for certain? There may possibly be someone who specializes in just that part of the winter Olympics who might think $500 is a fair price, no?

If it had "ein Hakenkreuz" somewhere in the design, how much would it be worth then? Some of our fellow collectors might also balk at a rare tinnie priced at $125.

However you slice it, the little ice skate is a lovely, highly unusual item. grin Putting prices on things like this are difficult at best, however, I do see your point and even agree with your thinking. My point is, you have to start somewhere.
wink

Best!

Bill
Posted By: Luko Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 12/30/2010 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: WWII
Hi Lukas,

Yes, quite possibly too much for such an unknown item, especially during these global economic difficulties. But then again when dealing with such an unusual item, who's to say for certain? There may possibly be someone who specializes in just that part of the winter Olympics who might think $500 is a fair price, no?

If it had "ein Hakenkreuz" somewhere in the design, how much would it be worth then? Some of our fellow collectors might also balk at a rare tinnie priced at $125.

However you slice it, the little ice skate is a lovely, highly unusual item. grin Putting prices on things like this are difficult at best, however, I do see your point and even agree with your thinking. My point is, you have to start somewhere.
wink

Best!

Bill

Hello Bill, you are right. If I have such item like this I will keep it as a curiosity and won't sell it. Of course if it had hakenkreuz price will be higher, it is quite nonsense but that it is. I have seen ordinery old cutlery with post war raised swastikas and eagles and people were paying absurdly money for it, just becase these cutlery were ''evil''.

Bye, Lukas.
Posted By: SADolch Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 03/27/2011 04:31 PM
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES....HERE IS THE BOX FOR THE ICE SKATE.....DAVE H

Attached picture iceskate5.jpg
Attached picture iceskate6.jpg
Posted By: jeff Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 05/11/2011 09:42 AM
nice ! never seen before either. but an ice skate for sure. nice you have the box too. I would assume a gift from company to the ice skaters. I do not recall the site... but, goggle 1936 olympics , you should find it. it's a guy selling tons of olympic items. most , like this you never imagined it existed.
May be you could send him these photos ; he might have a better clue. jeff
Posted By: Krullies Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 05/11/2011 10:30 PM
@Dave, wow, that is a superintresting skate, very mint still? That surely is special, thanks very much for showing, the olympics is much overlooked, it has very cool stufff to collect and learn about, and its more PC than anything else 3rd Reich I'm working on something KdF to show from the olympics. Not as awesome as your skate but no matter.

@Jeff
True! And, do you mean the Germania site maybe? I dont know anything about that site, but, it shows a lot of wicked olympics things?

Bye,
KR
Posted By: jeff Re: 1936 Olympic souvenir - 05/13/2011 08:54 AM
Krullies, was not the site I was thinking of. But, I do know of that site, little priceyyyyyy some times.
the guy I'm thinking of deals in Olympic items only. jeff
© Your new forums