UBB.threads
Posted By: Hakan81 Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/06/2010 01:47 PM
Hi guys !
I posted this on WAF also a while back and there are mixed opinions regarding the genuinity of this bird because the
lack of details. Wingspan 21cm on a really nice marble base.
Made of silvered pot metall.
Originally bought this from Victory Militaria as a genuine piece
this summer but I really need your opinion on it.
Thanks for looking !
Cheers, Håkan

Attached picture bild(6).JPG
Attached picture bild(5).JPG
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/17/2010 07:04 PM
Anyone ????
Cheers, Hakan
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/19/2010 05:22 AM
Is there any markings on it anywhere? How about bottom of marble base, can the attachment screw be seen?
Is that damage to the bottom one wing? or a manufacture defect?
Is the detail of the front the same on the back?

Well its not a mass produced bogus piece or someone would recognize it.. Really, I kind of like it,,has a good look to it..
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/25/2010 07:26 PM
Thanks for the reply mate !
No markings and the attachment screw cant be seen.
Yes the wing has been damaged during shippment.
Never ever seen one like this one as you always do on the repros so I dont know !
Here is a couple of more pics !
Cheers, Hakan

Attached picture P7200014.JPG
Attached picture P7200015.JPG
Attached picture P7200007.JPG
Attached picture P7200009.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/25/2010 08:16 PM
It doesn't look like an old mass produced piece from the 70s etc.

Pretty rough up close.. 2 schools of thought. Some will say these were meant for desks and such and they should be finely detailed pieces of 'art'. Some say the opposite, especially if a late war piece.

- almost looks like it was damaged at bottom and repaired [?]

You know most pole tops look good from afar, they look kind of like this up close. Maybe its a pole top made into a war souvenir.[?].

Have you identified it at all? period photos? manufacture catalog etc.?
Posted By: Hakan81 Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/25/2010 10:34 PM
Mate, it has a repair on the bottom of the wreath aswell, made during the shippment aswell along with the wing taking a hit.
I tried to repair it as good as I could.
I have never seen a bird like this in any other form either,
nor any repros, this bird is a mystery mate grin
Posted it on WAF aswell and some think it´s a repro and some that it is a genuine bird. But NO ONE have ever seen a genuine or repro bird like this to compare with !
Cheers, Hakan
Posted By: Tiberius Re: Desk Eagle, opinions please !!!!!!!!!! - 11/26/2010 07:38 PM
Intresting piece, but Hakan, man, I hope you made the seller or the shipper or someone pay you for the damage sustained to the eagle. That's pretty subpar packing or handling going on there.

I'm sorta going with Gaspare on this one and thinking it might be a flagpole finial.
© Your new forums