UBB.threads
Posted By: PAULZAYA A.H. SILVER CIGERETTE BOX-RIGHT FROM THE VET - 11/06/2007 05:06 PM
HELLO ALL-LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY BEST FIND.I BOUGHT THIS PIECE RIGHT FROM THE VET.HE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST MEN TO ENTER THE EAGLES NEST-ONE DAY BEFORE THE 101ST.

Attached picture DSCN000916.JPG

Attached picture DSCN001313.JPG

Attached picture DSCN001212.JPG
XXXXX

Attached picture DSCN001213.JPG
ANOTHER

Attached picture DSCN001114.JPG
BOX IS IN GREAT SHAPE.THE STUFF IS STILL OUT THERE.THANKS FOR LOOKING. PAUL ZAYA

Attached picture DSCN001013.JPG
Very Nice Paul and welcome back to collecting. Since we all know Hitler detested smoking this is unlikely IMO to be his personal possession. Do you think this was some kind of presentation item? Perhaps to someone on his staff at the eagles nest?
Jim
HELLO JIM-FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IT WAS PART OF THE FORMAL SILVER SERVICE.WHEN THE STUFF WAS DELIVERED SOMEONE STORED IT AWAY AS HE WAS A GREAT ANTI SMOKING TYPE.I SHOWED IT TO TOM JOHNSON AND HE THINKS THERE WERE ONLY 10 MADE SO THERE ARE THE WAY I FIGURE PROBABLY 5 LEFT.I HAVE SEEN 3 IN MY YEARS OF COLLECTING.
Not a true war relic but more like a novelty memento. AH was anti-smoking. I say one 5 years ago offered for $5000, what it might bring now, who knows. A real cancer buffin guy smoker would have to have it. Good Luck. Max
Posted By: Bods Re: A.H. SILVER CIGERETTE BOX-RIGHT FROM THE VET - 11/07/2007 07:22 AM
Fantastic find and, like you say, great to see the stuff is still out there.
Posted By: Erich Re: A.H. SILVER CIGERETTE BOX-RIGHT FROM THE VET - 11/07/2007 10:51 PM
Very impressive Paul and thanks for sharing it!
© Your new forums