UBB.threads
Posted By: spencer v UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/12/2007 06:25 PM
HEY GUYS

I WANTED TO OPEN THIS UP FOR DISCUSSION. I RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS UNIQUE PAINTING FOR MY COLLECTION. WHEN I FOUND THIS I WAS BLOWN AWAY. IM TRYING TO DO SOME RESEARCH ON THIS GUY, BUT WHAT BRANCH OF SERVICE DO YOU THINK HE WAS IN. ITS REAL HARD TO TELL. ANYWAYS I WANTED TO SHOW EVERYONE MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE MIGHT HAVE A PHOTO THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS GUY. LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY.

Attached picture LONG_SHOT_OF_THE_GUY1_.jpg
Posted By: spencer v Re: UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/12/2007 06:25 PM
UP CLOSE

Attached picture UP_CLOSE_OF_THE_GUY_1.jpg
Posted By: spencer v Re: UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/12/2007 06:27 PM
INSIGNIA

Attached picture CLOSE_UP_OF_HIS_BADGES_1.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/21/2007 10:17 AM
SV,

At first I thought Kaltenbrunner, but this guy
is a lot better-looking.

The quality of this rendering is exceedingly well done. I think the artist did a brilliant job on the head. The highlights in the hair and the eyes are very lifelike and cleverly accomplished.

Is there a name or initials on it?

I think your unfinished painting is nicer than 75% of the other, "finished" portraits. It should look great hanging on one of your walls somewhere ... congratulations!

Best regards!

Bill Warda
Posted By: spencer v Re: UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/28/2007 04:43 PM
Hey Guys

I want to give a huge thanks to Ron Weinand, and his book on The NPEA. Turns out the guy in this painting is SS General and head of NPEA Schools August Heissmeyer. He was a non-combatant And assistant minister of education under Bernhard Rust Minister of education in the Third Reich. Thanks a bunch Ron for your help in getting an id on this guy. Your research is a huge help, and the photo in your book looks just like August. Thanks a bunch Ron, This painting has now come to life.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: UNFINSHED GERMAN OFFICER PAINTING - 07/31/2007 03:00 PM
I don't think the painting is unfinished, but is rendered in a particular style that emphasizes just the head ..it's an interesting technique..
© Your new forums