UBB.threads
Posted By: ORPO Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 02:21 PM
It seems that we have lost all of our old pinned reference threads prior to 2005. I refreshed the WSP thread but the others are gone according to Vern et al.

Dave if you can split the old East/West German uniform thread into the two new ones you have established perhaps we can salvage that one. I will refresh them now.

George
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 06:06 PM
Absolutely terrible news, these took a long time to get established with some very fine items, and peaple where still adding to them, really makes me angree after all teh effort put into these.
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 07:33 PM
Hello,

It seems tht this forum is trying VERY hard to destroy itself. I find that very disappointing as I have always enjoyed it, and found it the more informative and civil of the forums.

I have all of the old threads archieved on my home computer. If I can figure out how I will
reestablish them.

Regards,
William Unland
Posted By: ORPO Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 08:23 PM
Bill,

That would be wonderful if you can re-establish them. It is sad to lose all that work from so many people. Maybe print isn't dead after all...

George
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 11:42 PM
Well, this isn’t great at all and I've been trying to determine if the threads could be restored, although there doesn't seem to be any positive answers. Bill, if you're able to, please restore the threads you saved…rescue us!

George, I've been meaning to split the E/W thread, although the missing threads have me distracted.
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/15/2007 11:51 PM
Dave,

I have these saved as HTML documents. Do you know of any way, other than trying to redo each post, one by one by pulling the text and photos out of my document, to do this? It would take days to pull each photo out of HTML and re-post one by one.

Regards,
Bill U
Posted By: Dave Re: Lost Pinned Threads - 06/16/2007 12:22 AM
Bill,

I'm not that smart. Sit on them for a month or two until Vern gets situated and then ask. I hope they can be reposted.

Dave
© Your new forums