UBB.threads
Posted By: Panther Police overseas cap eagle - 03/27/2010 12:46 PM
Hi Guys

Need a bit of help on this eagle. Is it original ?

I would appreciate your feedback !

Best

P

Description: A1
Attached picture IMG_0243.JPG
Posted By: Panther Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 03/27/2010 12:48 PM
Back

Description: A2
Attached picture IMG_0246.JPG
Posted By: Raymond Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 03/27/2010 11:04 PM
I haven't followed these so I'm probably wrong but, I would say it's a repro. The white parts look 'fuzzy' to me. Have you blacklighted it or done a burn test?
Posted By: militarymania Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 03/28/2010 12:32 AM
i would agree with raymond,,,repro
Posted By: Panther Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 03/28/2010 12:32 AM
Hi Raymond and Militarymania

Thanks for the replies guys

I just have the photos at this point. I must say the eagle's eye does worry me a bit but I'm no expert on these.

Best
Posted By: militarymania Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 03/29/2010 03:01 PM
look at the swas,,,one arm end is at an angle,too large and extends past the edge of the lower arm,, Frown
Posted By: Karlsruhe Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/01/2010 03:24 PM
Hi,What is a Burn Test? Thanks,Hugh.
Posted By: Raymond Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/01/2010 03:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Karlsruhe:
Hi,What is a Burn Test? Thanks,Hugh.

You take a small piece of loose thread and put a flame to it. Original thread will burn and leave a little ash, repro will melt and leave a little ball.
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/14/2010 04:04 PM
This is a n original early type police eagle. Dont understand why anyone would think this one was fake
Posted By: militarymania Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/14/2010 04:38 PM
look at the back of the second pic,,distorted swastika,,since these are machine embroidered,,,i have a problem with that part,especially that part,being so distorted and deformed,,,doesnt past muster,good or bad,for me,,,and Gary,,look at the next posting of the os police cap with eagle,i note how uniform and decidedly the swas arms are all the same length,no "droop over" there on that one,and its machine embroidered also,,,
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/14/2010 04:57 PM
I have no problem with this when you consider it is cloth going through a machine you must allow for stretching, admittedly I have not seen one stretched this much but it is still a recognised original eagle
Posted By: Raymond Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/14/2010 07:33 PM
Gary, I was going on the same premis as militarymania. that and it looked fuzzy like the repro waffenfarb on shoulder straps and visor hats. You have studied these more than I have so I'll defer to you that this is a known style. I'd like to see one of these in hand.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Police overseas cap eagle - 04/15/2010 06:59 PM
It's not the front that you want to look at, it's the back..100% bang on.
© Your new forums